Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

19 Pages«<1415161718>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wevvie  
#151 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:41:59 PM(UTC)
Wevvie

Groups: Registered

I married into a Bosch dishwasher after installing three Kenmore middle-priced models for myself, my daughter and my dad. All had food digesters (basically a garbage disposal at the bottom).
This Bosch had been a disappointment. I know they are highly regarded by CR, but way too many dishes not cleaned.
My wife says I need to clean them before putting them into the dishwasher. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? My Kenmores all cleaned much better than the Bosch, which I maintain regularly to assure the micro-screen is clean.
Leo Ladzinske  
#152 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:47:58 PM(UTC)
Leo Ladzinske

Originally Posted by: tjwright Go to Quoted Post
Harold,
I have tried to open the pdf file but I get an error message telling me the file has an error and cannot be repaired. Can you email me a copy? tj@wrighthouse.us
Thx TJ

Harold,
Have you seen a manual for Bosch SHU43C05UC/43. I have a similar problem where water remains in the bottom of our dishwasher. My e-mail address is leoladzinske@att.net. Your help is appreciated.
Jimbo Bigbelly  
#153 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 9:07:16 AM(UTC)
Jimbo Bigbelly

Great thread. Don't know if this is the correct thread for this post, but I guess someone could move it as necessary.

Wevvie's post is very accurate. With no grinder, bits of food, seeds etc can go through the Micro Filter Basket entering the pump, and potentially damaging the impeller. If the stuff gets through the pump, the seeds etc can end up in the spinning washers, clogging the little holes. This can stop the spinners from spinning and severely affect the D/W cleaning.

The design problem of the Micro Filter Basket is obvious. Look down the center of the top, and you will see some baffles. Take a small seed or BB and drop it in, shake it a little, and the seed/BB drops out the bottom. The micro filtration is worthless. Stuff that floats can go over the edge of that raised plastic baffle and fall straight down into the sump area.

To fix the design problem, go to home depot and buy a rubber stopper like we used to use in bathtubs back in the day, and force it down into the center of the Micro Filter Basket Assembly until it covers all those holes you see at the top. I had to trim mine with a razor blade. This will prevent the seeds from getting down into the sump area and into the pump, and into the spinners.

Now of course you have to remove the spinners and clean them out. This debris could also be the cause of some of the odors you may be experiencing.
Jimbo Bigbelly  
#154 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 9:17:05 AM(UTC)
Jimbo Bigbelly

Hi, SamirD! I have seen this problem caused by the lack of a dishwasher air gap and by the air gap being clogged. If you have an air gap mounted to the sink, spin off the top and clean it out. If you don't have an air gap, get one. :-)> I looked at appliancepartpros but couldn't find one but Home Depot carries them, see
PartsmasterPro Dishwasher Air Gap with Stainless Steel Cover-58600 - The Home Depot
mcneil christian  
#155 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 5:42:45 AM(UTC)
mcneil christian

Thanks for sharing such useful information.
ceramicmaker  
#156 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 10:52:45 AM(UTC)
ceramicmaker

my dish washer has stop, and the control panle does not light up
ceramicmaker  
#157 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 11:01:14 AM(UTC)
ceramicmaker

I have an old kenmore ultra wash dishwasher, it stopped working, no water no power to anything, where can I find the fuse for this, sorry model unknown. the door locks ok, but no power, so I am sure it has to be a fuse.
marlont  
#158 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 8:39:46 AM(UTC)
marlont

Great Share!...If you misplace your original manual or bought the appliance used, it can be a time intensive task to find the appliance service manual online.
mkayi  
#159 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:18:40 AM(UTC)
mkayi

Thank you for sharing this troubleshooting manual!
Sakura Appliance Repair  
#160 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:18:46 PM(UTC)
Sakura Appliance Repair

we can help
Appliance
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply