Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rrob311  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 5:31:29 AM(UTC)
rrob311

Groups: Registered

I had the compactor working ok. When I left my house I left the rotary switch on after the unit completed its cycle. When I came back and actuated the foot lever the compactor cycled again but now will not shut off after reaching the top. I found the schematic under the control panel.

I have read a few of the posts on similar problems so I tested a few of the switches with my ohm meter. So far I can't find anything out of spec. Do the switches sometimes only fail when power is applied? The ohmmeter indicates the switches are working fine. I checked the top switch, the door switch, and the start/lever actuated switch. Any help would be appreciated. I need to get parts ordered and get this thing put back together.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rmoorej  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:34:53 PM(UTC)
rmoorej

Originally Posted by: rrob311 Go to Quoted Post
I had the compactor working ok. When I left my house I left the rotary switch on after the unit completed its cycle. When I came back and actuated the foot lever the compactor cycled again but now will not shut off after reaching the top. I found the schematic under the control panel.

I have read a few of the posts on similar problems so I tested a few of the switches with my ohm meter. So far I can't find anything out of spec. Do the switches sometimes only fail when power is applied? The ohmmeter indicates the switches are working fine. I checked the top switch, the door switch, and the start/lever actuated switch. Any help would be appreciated. I need to get parts ordered and get this thing put back together.

I have the same issue with same Jenn Air model. When unit gets to bottom of the compaction, it will not reverse. I cannot find a bottom of cycle switch. Only way to reverse it is to unplug and plug it back in
rrob311  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:48:51 PM(UTC)
rrob311

I still have mine apart. All of the switches I checked ohmed out ok. Hopefully something comes up and lets me diagnose it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply