Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChadJ55  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 4:51:29 PM(UTC)
ChadJ55

Groups: Registered

I am in a real bind. A bit over a week ago I was having problems with my Jenn Air refrigerator. After some research and troubleshooting we determined the problem to be the start device. Ordered the new part from here and it arrived quickly. Installed it and the problem was solved. I had a. Working fridge once again. Well, that lasted about a week and now the exact same issue has resurfaced. It appears my new start device was defective. Unfortunately, this site is now out of stock and the part is back ordered with an indefinite delivery date. I need to know if there is a start device that is cross compatible with my model fridge. It would seem like a fairly generic part. The manufacturers part number is W10613606. Every website I have searched seems to be out of stock of this part. Is there another part number that might work instead?? Please help me out!

-Chad
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sabretooth02  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:28:18 PM(UTC)
sabretooth02

ChadJ55  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:52:42 PM(UTC)
ChadJ55

Very interesting! Is that the exact one I should get? Looks like 'Id just need to make a few wire connections rather than just plug, which is totally fine. If you could confirm that is the one I need I'd appreciate it. Any drawbacks to this approach? The fridge is out of warranty and I don't plan to put much money towards a repair. Rather replace. But prefer not to have to.

Thank you very much for the help.

-Chad
richappy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:23:24 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would not use the Supco device and also, you need to identify the run, start and common compressor pins
******************************** has the right part in stock.
You might have a damaged start winding in the compressor, so best to use a Belkin 1000 joule surge protector in the wall outlet.
Good luck
richappy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:25:31 PM(UTC)
richappy

Search on the internet for the right part, others have it
ChadJ55  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:25:55 PM(UTC)
ChadJ55

I have searched all over the web for this part by the part number, by the fridge model number, etc. What are you guy searching to find this? I'm really stuck and everywhere I look, it is out of stock. The fridge started working over night but has failed again this afternoon and is making the buzzing noise when trying to kick on the compressor.
sabretooth02  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:45:33 PM(UTC)
sabretooth02

ChadJ55  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:12:58 PM(UTC)
ChadJ55

Could the start device work intermittently or is it usually an all-or-nothing type failure? Seems strange that it worked last night and for a good part of today, and then stopped again. It makes a fairly loud buzz for about 10 seconds then clicks off with the compressor failing to start. Yet when I replaced the start device last week, that cured the problem. I'm so frustrated.

Thanks for the link to the whirlpool device on Amazon. Unfortunately that supplier was out too. Despite showing avail on Amazon.
sabretooth02  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:29:37 PM(UTC)
sabretooth02

richappy  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 12:55:30 AM(UTC)
richappy

Your start device is ok if it starts the compressor sometimes. You have a hard starting compressor. Unfortunately, the Supco hard start kit will get it started, but eventually burn out the compressor.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply