Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MkBrennanMD  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:02:13 PM(UTC)
MkBrennanMD

Groups: Registered

I had the same problem. The dishwasher would run, and at theend of the cycle there was water still inside the machine. I'm not an applianceexpert, but I just went through some troubleshooting.
Turn the power off, pull the unit out, and disconnect all the hoses. Get some towels because water will start leaking out of the bottom. In my case, I removed all the hoses, including the one that connected to the disposal. I blew through the ends of each hose, and right away I found one hose that was obstructed .This stuff builds up over time, almost like someone's artery, and once clogged, your best bet is to throw it out, and get a new hose. Its a cheap solution, and is usually the cause.
Your problem sounds identical to mine...so see if my video helps, cause I've gotten feedback from others who found it useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7uaA2NZKl0

WaldoDog  
#32 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 6:06:27 PM(UTC)
WaldoDog

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
Now you need to take off the white nut that is above the fine filter, remove the fine filter. Then the hub that has the spray tube attached to it, turn it to the right a bit and pull off that tube that runs up the back wall. Pull off the plastic screen and there is your sump. There is an insert in the sump that that screen clipped to, squeeze that and pull up, and clean it. now stick your hand down in the sump, and pull out whatever it is that is clogging the drain hole.

Very helpful to me also, but I cannot get the plastic liner out of the sump hole, even with squeezing it and pulling with hands and prying with screwdriver. My goal is to get the flat metal screen off the floor of the dishwasher in order to clean the gunk off of it, but the sump liner has a lip that holds down the screen around it.
Sanjiv Mishra  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 10:32:44 AM(UTC)
Sanjiv Mishra

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
Now you need to take off the white nut that is above the fine filter, remove the fine filter. Then the hub that has the spray tube attached to it, turn it to the right a bit and pull off that tube that runs up the back wall. Pull off the plastic screen and there is your sump. There is an insert in the sump that that screen clipped to, squeeze that and pull up, and clean it. now stick your hand down in the sump, and pull out whatever it is that is clogging the drain hole.

I have a GE PDW 7880J10SS dish washer. I cannot get the insert off the sump. I tried squeezing from wider sides of the insert, but cannot get it off even after putting a lot of force. Is there something that needs to be undone?
an123  
#34 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 2:53:04 PM(UTC)
an123

Originally Posted by: Sanjiv Mishra Go to Quoted Post
I have a GE PDW 7880J10SS dish washer. I cannot get the insert off the sump. I tried squeezing from wider sides of the insert, but cannot get it off even after putting a lot of force. Is there something that needs to be undone?

I have a slightly different model, GE PDW 7880G00SS I think. I also had the water clogging issue and could not remove the sump. However you dont really need to remove it. I took a coat hanger and poked a little into the hole to the left of the sump. Then I put back everything and it drain perfectly.

maybe this helps.

But thansk to this post I was able to save 300 bucks for removing a simple clog in the DW.
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 2:10:58 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
YFNgWPh6
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply