Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Firefly30  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:12:58 AM(UTC)
Firefly30

Groups: Registered

Thank You BadFish!!!! I've been searching and trying for what seems like a week - you're the first person who made simple instructions of disassembling this thing. I couldn't believe the amount of debris I found in there - no wonder it wouldn't drain. Glass, plastic, safety seal from a honey bottle, popsicle plastic (thanks kids). It's running now! Thanks Again! You're kind of a rockstar.
jlovel124  
#22 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2011 7:28:34 AM(UTC)
jlovel124

Just wanted to thank you for the GREAT instructions on repairing my Dishwasher....had some plastic blocking the drain hole. Thanks to you I have 175 bucks in my pocket still! Have good one and thanks again.
drewdavenport  
#23 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2011 6:12:11 PM(UTC)
drewdavenport

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
Make sure everything is out of the sump, also stick your finger in the hole to the left in the sump, and see if you feel any food or anything in there. If there is you can find something to stick down the hole that the fine filter goes into and try to poke it out into the sump so you can grab it. By running it with all that taken apart if something was in there it may have passed through, so you might be good....By removing the lower spray arm you create a pressure difference, that's how I can tell if something is in the sump or elsewhere. If it drains with the spray arm off, it is in the sump...

As far as general maintenance, as long as your not putting food like lettuce or big chunks of stuff in the washer you really wont have a problem.

-I know this is an old post, but it took me awhile to find it and it saved me either a costly repair or an unnecessary purchase of a new dishwasher. It took some force, but pulling the sump filter out and cleaning around the sump drain worked for me. Apparently we washed a plastic cup with a sticker on it (UPC code) and that was the root cause of our problems.
Ksix  
#24 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2011 6:36:08 AM(UTC)
Ksix

Abadfish knows his stuff ... and just saved me some serious coin ... found broken glass as the root of my issue and now this girl is feeling pret-ty darn good about herself for fixing her own dishwasher .. thanx to him, of course .. :)
whotoo  
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:13:18 PM(UTC)
whotoo

The help was right on.Mine finally got going when I took out the back flow check valve flap at the base and forced hot water back in through the drain hose with the filter out.
Thanks!
fdimino  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:16:24 PM(UTC)
fdimino

I have a simaler problem. In my case the dishwasher sounds like it is runing? But drying light is flashing and it is beeping?

Any Help would be appreciated.
Gene  
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:34:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This a duplicated thread.

Answered here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...nt-drain.html#post574436

Gene.
frtan6320  
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:42:36 AM(UTC)
frtan6320

This is great advice and help. I cleaned out my dishwasher drain and it is working like new. I have been having problem with glassware and silverware not completely cleaned. The drain filter was almost 100% cloaked. It is not easy to remove for routine cleaning. But I am going to do it every six months. I took some pictures to show how to remove the filter.
frtan6320 attached the following image(s):
GE Dishwasher 1A.jpg
GE Dishwasher 2A.jpg
GE Dishwasher 3A.jpg
makendall  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:13:58 AM(UTC)
makendall

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
Now you need to take off the white nut that is above the fine filter, remove the fine filter. Then the hub that has the spray tube attached to it, turn it to the right a bit and pull off that tube that runs up the back wall. Pull off the plastic screen and there is your sump. There is an insert in the sump that that screen clipped to, squeeze that and pull up, and clean it. now stick your hand down in the sump, and pull out whatever it is that is clogging the drain hole.

I'm in the middle of canning and my dishwasher stopped draining. Your directions worked great and saved me from getting a new dishwasher!
wthomas894  
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 8:34:59 AM(UTC)
wthomas894

I had the same problem. I know this an older thread, but it works. I took my dishwasher apart as instructed and cleaned out the sump pump area. Lots of gunk. Now my dishwasher drains as it should. FYI my GE Profile is 9 years old, and I have never taken it, or any dishwasher apart in my life. Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply