Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jbunch  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 2:08:41 PM(UTC)
jbunch

Groups: Registered

The ice maker freezes up mid-way thru the ice making cycle. I have thawed it numerous times with a hair dryer but after a few cycles it freezes again.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 2:47:00 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Please be more detailed. Is it icemaker by itself (from the top, bottom?) or the ice been underneath?
Best if you can post the picture.

Thank you.

Simon.
jbunch  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 4:04:05 PM(UTC)
jbunch

My ice maker has the bin below it. The problem seems to be that while dumping the ice, the system freezes up before the ice dumps. I can see the pieces of ice in position to dump. Thanks for your quick response! I never expected any kind of responce for several days. Jim
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:26:02 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Most likely you need to replace the ice maker unit.

The ice maker Part number: 4317943
Part number: 4317943

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSRD25FKWH01 SIDE-BY-SIDE REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
wona  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 8:26:18 PM(UTC)
wona

My GE Profile Fridge has been a pain in the butt for years. When my freezer would go into defrost, everything would get wet and then the freezer would freeze everything back up and it kept getting thicker and thicker with ice. I would then defrost the freezer manually and it would start all over again. The ice cubes in the box would be one solid block and the icemaker dispenser would stop turning. My icemaker would freeze up and drips of ice would form all over the freezer. Even the Motor Crusher Disp Part Number AP4337288 would turn to an ice sickle and would stop turning. The solenoid that makes cubes or crushed would freeze solid. I Changed the temperature sensor, changed evaporator fan, changed defrost limiter thermostat. I even removed the whole icemaker to see if it was the problem. I replaced the back Main Control Board Part Number AP4436216 control panel, $140 bucks and none of these worked.
Well guess what I found the problem and it is a manufacture defect. I took the Temperature Sensor
Part Number AP3185407 and the Defrost Limiter Thermostat Part Number AP3884317 and I removed them off the tube and I pushed them down about 6 inches into the middle of the Evaporator coils Part Number AP3187225.
I then stuck some tinfoil over the top of the coils just to keep a little heat in.
Everything seems to be perfect. No ice buildup. Ice cubes do not turn into one block of ice. Freezer walls are perfectly dry. It’s been 2 weeks now and it works like it’s brand new. It has always had a problem with the freezer and I fixed it. What I did was to let these sensors think it is hotter then it really is so the defrost shuts off sooner.
GE get some smarter people engineering your appliances.

My GE Profile Fridge has been a pain in the butt for years. When my freezer would go into defrost, everything would get wet and then the freezer would freeze everything back up and it kept getting thicker and thicker with ice. I would then defrost the freezer manually and it would start all over again. The ice cubes in the box would be one solid block and the icemaker dispenser would stop turning. My icemaker would freeze up and drips of ice would form all over the freezer. Even the Motor Crusher Disp Part Number AP4337288 would turn to an ice sickle and would stop turning. The solenoid that makes cubes or crushed would freeze solid. I Changed the temperature sensor, changed evaporator fan, changed defrost limiter thermostat. I even removed the whole icemaker to see if it was the problem. I replaced the back Main Control Board Part Number AP4436216 control panel, $140 bucks and none of these worked.

Well guess what I found the problem and it is a manufacture defect. I took the Temperature Sensor
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply