Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Appliance Ninja  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:38:21 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Groups: Registered

If the fan by the compressor is running, the compressor should not be overheating. The condenser coil would have to be totally plugged and the heat would be very noticeable. If it continues as it is with the compressor shutting off, pay close attention to the fan and also any clicking noises from the compressor area or the rectangular cover that is over the electronic control on the back of the cabinet. Let me know what happens.
david_tx  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:21:20 PM(UTC)
david_tx

Thanks Ninja, will observe and follow-up. For attention to area near rectangular cover over electronic control, I assume you meant for clicking noise.
Appliance Ninja  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:25:21 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

That is correct, there is a relay that closes to energize the compressor. When they fail, often times they will "chatter" because they are not able to close and carry the current the compressor needs.
david_tx  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:07:59 AM(UTC)
david_tx

The freezer side has been working since the last 12+ hours, last time it worked only for 4-5 hrs after unplug/restart. I opened the back wall inside freezer side and see that there is frost build-up on Evaporator and pipe on feeding it - it has increased to cover almost all coils on Evaporator. Fan on freezer side still seems to running continuously whenever I check. I'm wondering if its the defrost system as there is frost build-up, and maybe once defrost comes on it does not shut-off properly and continues to defrost - could it be defrost thermostat or I'm not sure if this model has a defrost timer. I do not hear any chatter noise around electronic control, but hear loud water/air from drain pipe when I open and close freezer sometimes.
Appliance Ninja  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:16:54 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

A light frost is normal on the coil, so I would not be too alarmed by that just yet. That will only defrost about once or twice per day, so we just need to watch it for a bit longer. It may be the issue, but let's watch what happens today before looking at replacing anything, keep me posted.
david_tx  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:13:38 AM(UTC)
david_tx

Ok, thanks ... will keep you posted.
Appliance Ninja  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:14:43 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Sounds good, thank you!
david_tx  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:27:04 AM(UTC)
david_tx

Originally Posted by: Appliance Ninja Go to Quoted Post
A light frost is normal on the coil, so I would not be too alarmed by that just yet. That will only defrost about once or twice per day, so we just need to watch it for a bit longer. It may be the issue, but let's watch what happens today before looking at replacing anything, keep me posted.

Checked the Evaporator again, the frost is gone ... but now back to original issue of not being cold enough - ice starting to melt. The compressor has not kicked-in, fan near compressor running, also fan in freezer side running continuously. Not sure if sensors or thermostat not sending temp info back for compressor to come on.
alina1grace  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:35:12 AM(UTC)
alina1grace

I think you must call an technician. its the best way to keep calm from such situation.
Appliance Ninja  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:47:59 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Is the compressor warm or is it cool?