Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
klingtocash  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:31:24 AM(UTC)
klingtocash

Groups: Registered

I just called Whirlpool because I am having this same problem. Even though my washing machine is almost six years old, the company is fixing it for free. Call the customer service line on the Whirlpool website and they should fix the problem for free.
pvv3  
#42 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 8:55:41 AM(UTC)
pvv3

Called the 866 number above. Free repair and parts!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:)
1Sherry1  
#43 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2013 4:43:04 PM(UTC)
1Sherry1

Thanks King. My washer just this morning thru a F1 at me and thought, "What the heck"? I had to go to the laundry mat, which wasn't bad. I came home and found this site. I called the number you posted and they are coming Monday, (In 4 days). Actual Whirlpool Factory Certified Care. Not a 3rd party. He told me they don't know why F1 is now coming up a lot. But service and parts are free. Thanks for posting the phone number. You saved me much time and money. Nice job! Sherry:)
aac1024  
#44 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 12:01:08 PM(UTC)
aac1024

Called the 800 number twice refused to pay for parts and LABOR. Only parts would be free, not labor. Any advice?
1Sherry1  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:32:51 AM(UTC)
1Sherry1

Originally Posted by: aac1024 Go to Quoted Post
Called the 800 number twice refused to pay for parts and LABOR. Only parts would be free, not labor. Any advice?

Bummer. All I know is the service guy said I was lucky because his company was an actual Whirlpool Service Co. So I didn't pay for anything. Maybe because the service co you were getting wasn't a whirlpool service, so they charge labor which Whirlpool probably won't reimburse them for. I really don't know why some charge and some don't. The guy told me Whirlpool knows this is a huge problem with the Washing Machines and just continue to wait till customers complain before doing anything. When I called the 800 number, the guy said I was lucky because where I lived had the Whirlpool Service, so they would be coming. Maybe he knows that some of the services they send out will charge for labor. Sorry I don't have a good answer for you. Sherry:)
honeybee  
#46 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 2:30:13 PM(UTC)
honeybee

I called the 800 and 866 numbers which seemed to lead to the same end. After explaining my f1 error code issue, I did not get anyone to say that the repair and parts would be covered. No one said anything about a "quality assurance issue" even after I asked specifically. They simply told me the price of parts and labor. How is everyone else getting such great responses?
Curtville  
#47 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 12:21:20 PM(UTC)
Curtville

I recently started getting the F1 Code on my washer. I ordered and replaced the Pressure Sensor on the circuit board. De-solder the 8 pin sensor and replace. Took me less than 30 minutes to fix. I ran self diagnostic on the machine and all pass. I have ran four loads thru the machine and all is well.

Hope this helps someone.

I ordered the part from Digi-Key corporation.

Part number: MPVZ5010GW7U-ND
Pressure Sensor Vert 8-DIP
$14.54 +
$ 1.02 shipping
Total:15.56
UserPostedImage
Curtville attached the following image(s):
IMG_2173[1].jpg
honeybee  
#48 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 12:33:10 PM(UTC)
honeybee

Thanks curtville for that detailed info. I will try the same thing and report the results. I have emailed the law firm handling the case and so far have only received a, "you will be contacted" response from the secretary. I found the Facebook page bashing these washers and it made me feel a little better, but that's it. My water pump is now leaking for the second time as well (replaced once). Joy.
jmjsocal  
#49 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:41:35 AM(UTC)
jmjsocal

Hi Curtville,

I hope this message gets to you quickly! I recently started getting the F1 Code like everyone else. My question to you is:

Is this a simple job to do soldering? I have very light soldering experience and would hate to purchase something I'm only going to screw up and still have to buy the control board.

I usually look up youtube to watch how repairs are done but there isn't anything available regarding the replacement of this item!

Thanks everyone with the information posted. Like everyone else I called Whirlpool. My experience was nothing short of lucklaster service. They offered me a whopping 25% discount on the control board...
For those with this problem, I have found control boards on ******** for under $100.
I will attempt to repair the problem using Curtvilles method since its under $20 and report back once its complete!
RajunCajun  
#50 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 1:22:02 AM(UTC)
RajunCajun

Here is the troubleshooting steps if your cabrio is displaying a F1 code.
This guide requires power to be applied to the circuit board. Extreme caution is required due to the risk of electrocution. If you have any doubt in your electrical abilities do not proceed with these steps and replace the entire module.

First determine if the air line going to the pressure sensor is kinked or damaged, this can be done by visual inspection. If hose is ok, proceed to the next step.

This step requires the use of a multimeter: with power applied to the washer locate the pressure sensor on the control module. Look at the 8 pins which is soldered to the circuit. Pin 1 will have a notch in it, the layout will be:

1. 5
2. 6
3. 7
4. 8

Pins 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are internal device connections. Do not connect to external circuitry or ground. Set your multimeter to continuity check and check pins 1,5,6,7,8 these pins should be normally closed in reference to pin 4 which is voltage out, if any of these pins read open, replace the pressure sensor. Pin 2 is voltage input, set your meter to DC scale and verify that there is 1-5 VDC input ( red lead on pin 2, black lead on pin 3 ). Pin 3 is ground, when checking output voltage from the sensor, reference all +VDC to this pin. If voltage is present at pin 2, check and see if you have the same readings at pin 4. If no voltage present at pin 4, replace pressure sensor. If no voltage is present at pin 2, replace module.