Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
happymom  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:04:34 AM(UTC)
happymom

Groups: Registered

My whirlpool duet washer will not start. The lights are on, and the red light showing the wash selection is flashing. But the cycle will not start when the start button is pressed. Does anyone have a repair manual specifically for this model? Is this worth trying to repair?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 8:52:47 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: happymom Go to Quoted Post
My whirlpool duet washer will not start. The lights are on, and the red light showing the wash selection is flashing. But the cycle will not start when the start button is pressed. Does anyone have a repair manual specifically for this model? Is this worth trying to repair?

Happymom,

You should start by checking the door switch/ door latch circuits and operation,

You also need to make sure the door is Openned and Closed, between cycles.

As you requested, here's a service manual attached,

You'll have all the information you need.
:) :) :)

rpm display.jpg (296kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
File Attachment(s):
DUET WASHER MANUAL..8178076.pdf (1,508kb) downloaded 1,184 time(s).
signem  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 7:37:11 AM(UTC)
signem

Do you hear the click, or just hold the button and no click?

I posted regarding a similar problem, but never got a response.

Have you tried a different selection for the wash cycle? Sometimes I have to change selections between loads to get a second load to start.

And, I almost always have to hold the button down for at least 30 seconds to get the click and have the cycle start. Sometimes I can hold the button down and it will never click.

None of my cycle modification buttons work anymore. I used to be able to get some of them to work, but now none of them do no matter how long I hold them down.

Thanks to the person who posted the service manual!

Signe
tjsingh  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 1:07:41 PM(UTC)
tjsingh

Many thanks to Joe/APP team for posting the manual. Using it I was able to open the Front panel and manually start the unit. I was able to run the diagnostic mode and found problem with drain unit. A paper (bounce) was stuck after the large object drain filter in the drain pump and it won't drain the unit.

The start button gets pressed by a small plastic strip which is broken. Need to find the replacement part.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 6:56:05 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: tjsingh Go to Quoted Post
Many thanks to Joe/APP team for posting the manual. Using it I was able to open the Front panel and manually start the unit. I was able to run the diagnostic mode and found problem with drain unit. A paper (bounce) was stuck after the large object drain filter in the drain pump and it won't drain the unit.

The start button gets pressed by a small plastic strip which is broken. Need to find the replacement part.

TJ,

We're Glad things went well for you, and your up and running,sort of.

If I remeber correctly, the start button plastic tab, you described, is part of the "user interface" assembly, but I'm sure you'll be able to do some sort of repair to make it work.

Good Luck, and Thanks,
:D :D :D
Gcope  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 6:20:35 AM(UTC)
Gcope

Many thanks AGAIN to Joe/APP team for posting the manual. Using it I was able to diagnose a similar problem with our Whirlpool Duet and th door locking mechanism. Thank you. :)

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...start.html#ixzz27rtgUnde
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 5:13:11 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Gcope Go to Quoted Post
Many thanks AGAIN to Joe/APP team for posting the manual. Using it I was able to diagnose a similar problem with our Whirlpool Duet and th door locking mechanism. Thank you. :)

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...start.html#ixzz27rtgUnde
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

Gcope,
Glad we could help you out.
We're here to help, drop us a line anytime.

Thanks,
adidaalaska2001  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:58:48 PM(UTC)
adidaalaska2001

My washer won't run the test it just flashes the 2 min time. Any thoughts? Thank you
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 6:11:16 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: adidaalaska2001 Go to Quoted Post
My washer won't run the test it just flashes the 2 min time. Any thoughts? Thank you

Adidaalaska, Start at the User Interface. If the washer won't accept programming inputs or operate, that's where you will need to start.

You forgot to attach a model number, some washers have a U/I test matrix so you can test the buttons with a meter. You may need to review the tech data sheet, to see if yours has the information.
Tdouble14  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 6:44:04 PM(UTC)
Tdouble14

I'm having a problem with my ghw9100lw where the timer changes when selecting different cycles, buttons all work but won't start. I tried billions of times to due the diagnostics test but the time just flickers when pressing the rinse hold button for the fourth time. On top of that when I'm in this cycle setting ready for diagnostics if I press start I hear a click in the back and the number flashes. I'm truly at a lost because I can't find anything online dealing with the machine showing no error codes or not going into diagnostic mode.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply