Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dlacacres  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 9:46:24 AM(UTC)
dlacacres

Groups: Registered

Toploading Kenmore HE Machine is only 15 months old. The unit will fill with water, the timer digital readout will countdown, the unit will pump water out, but it will not agitate or spin. Also, the motor does not make any noise. I also put a socket on the tub underneath and turned both tub and motor. Belt is good. Could this be a lid lock issue?

Any help will be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 12:38:51 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Is the lid lock indicator on, off or flashing?

Eric
dlacacres  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:12:33 AM(UTC)
dlacacres

Indicator is on. I just checked with ohm meter and all is well. I ran a diagnostic and codes are F7 / E6. When I get home tonight, I'll be doing all the motor tests. I'm hoping it's only a capacitor.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 5:19:10 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Yep, that's the next step. Also, loose connections and broken wires are common with these machines. Try unplugging/replugging motor connector, capacitor connectors and control board connector (for motor). Check wires wherever there is wire harness clamp (wire ties).

Eric
dlacacres  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 5:40:04 PM(UTC)
dlacacres

Thanks for the information. I ran the diagnostics, checked the wiring, performed the tests at the controls, checked resistance at the motor and capacitor...all appears to be the control board. However, as I was about to check continuity between the control and the motor, I was pulling the harness and the white wire separated at the tie-down point. That's all it was! I spliced it together and we're back in business. Happy wife...happy life!! Thanks for your help. Woo hoo!
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 4:33:45 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Fantastic, good job on finding that. An all too common problem with this washer design. I hate to tell you, but this Whirlpool VMW design washer is a real piece of junk. A tech on another forum just posted that he's had it with these things after working on 5 of them in one day. They've been out for 3 years and have been nothing but problems. Keep your fingers crossed.

Eric