Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dkay1120  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:24:32 AM(UTC)
dkay1120

Groups: Registered

the washer fills up just fine but when its supposed to agitatate clothing, it just makes a low buzzing noise and after it finishes that cycle it drains fine and spins fine also. How do I fix this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:56:30 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Need to open the front panel and observe the motor and pulleys during agitation mode. Check to see if the motor pulley, belt and drive pulley are turning. If not, is it the motor that is humming? If the motor is humming but not turning, turn the washer off and try rotating the motor pulley CCW (viewed from below). This should turn the belt and drive pulley and make the agitator turn back and forth. If it turns by hand ok but the motor just hums, you may have a bad electronic control panel. The electronic control reverses polarity of the power to the motor start windings which reverses direction of the motor. One direction is spin and the other is agitate.

Eric
dkay1120  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:45:13 AM(UTC)
dkay1120

I turned the belt fine and yes the buzz is coming from the motor what is the electronic control panel I couldnt find that in the parts section?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:55:17 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Need to determine if the problem is happening in both low and high speed. Put washer into service mode by first placing cycle selector to the 9 o'clock position, then press and hold the start button and rotate cycle selector 180°, release start button and all LED's should light up. Turn cycle selector 5 clicks to the right for slow agitate and one more click for fast agitate. Two more clicks will place it in spin which I believe is high speed. If it won't agitate in either speed, the electronic control is likey bad, if it works in one speed only, could be the electronic control or motor problem. Have you noticed if it spins in both high and low ok? The control panel is number 35 in the controls and backsplash parts diagram. To get out of service mode, press/hold start button and rotate cycle select 180°.

Eric
dkay1120  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:26:54 AM(UTC)
dkay1120

I changed out the electronic control panel but washer still doesnt agitate on high or low speeds. could it be the motor because im still hearing that humming from it?
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:02:03 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Did you swap the selector harness plug from the old board to the new one? It's the plug on the control board with a single jumper wire on it.

I do not think it's the motor, but what else is there? I would have to test the motor with my test cable to prove it, but you can't do that. The motor uses the same windings in agitate direction as it does in spin direction however, the polarity of the power to the start windings is reversed to reverse direction of the motor and that's done by relays in the control unit.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply