Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<1112131415>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mskat  
#121 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 2:52:13 PM(UTC)
mskat

Groups: Registered

Hi Dick, I too am trying to repair the clutch but am flying blind without a user manual. Is there any way you could email me pages needed so I can take the clutch out and clean? Thanks.
dh1200s  
#122 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 5:17:58 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Google this 16022808 Rev. 0

I found it at the 1st search hit of that part number.

I'm at work on the East Coast so I can't help any more this evening.

Go up to Search the Applaince database and enter dh1200s you may find other post by me that may help.

I'll try to help out if you have issues............Dick
mskat  
#123 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 5:58:01 PM(UTC)
mskat

Thanks! That's perfect. We tried to get the clutch assembly detached, but couldn't get enough torque to unbolt. Will try again tomorrow afternoon.
mskat  
#124 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 10:31:06 AM(UTC)
mskat

We got the clutch all cleaned and reinstalled. We ran another load but it we had thumping in the wash cycle -- but no errors. Then when we got to the spin cycle, the tub drained down to almost empty. It began, but then it was still unbalanced.

So we lifted the lid, shifted stuff and, still unbalanced. If we spin the tub by hand, you can actually see the load shifting to the back and the right. Once we dump the clothes out, we can run it on empty to drain water.

When the front was off the struts looked fine. But now what? Any thoughts on what to troubleshoot next?
cabinets_direct  
#125 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:58:29 PM(UTC)
cabinets_direct

So I have the same problem with my TL....that it stops at the 24 minute of the "Quick Wash" cycle.
I replaced the Motor Control Board......NADA
I took the Clutch Assembly Off....cleaned it with WD40 and re-greased it. Put it back on and............................NADA.
But one thing I wasn't really sure of. Mybe someone can clear it up.

When I took the clutch assembly apart and cleaned and re-greased it, it spun both ways up untill the spring engaged. Is that supposed to be the way it is? Now when I say I put it back together, I mean that I put the cream colored plastic piece and the green colored plastic piec with the hubs back together and it spun as I said. So with all that, is it still the clutch assembly?
I can't trash it....I'm so close now, I have to fix her for the last time. After all it was purchased in 2004, so it's not that old!
DB App.  
#126 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:53:26 AM(UTC)
DB App.

Originally Posted by: cabinets_direct Go to Quoted Post
So I have the same problem with my TL....that it stops at the 24 minute of the "Quick Wash" cycle.
I replaced the Motor Control Board......NADA
I took the Clutch Assembly Off....cleaned it with WD40 and re-greased it. Put it back on and............................NADA.
But one thing I wasn't really sure of. Mybe someone can clear it up.

When I took the clutch assembly apart and cleaned and re-greased it, it spun both ways up untill the spring engaged. Is that supposed to be the way it is? Now when I say I put it back together, I mean that I put the cream colored plastic piece and the green colored plastic piec with the hubs back together and it spun as I said. So with all that, is it still the clutch assembly?
I can't trash it....I'm so close now, I have to fix her for the last time. After all it was purchased in 2004, so it's not that old!

I think you will find that the control board in the upper console is the problem with your clock stopping at 24 minutes. Mine did the same thing. I did the same steps you did, except my clutch held. The upper board contains the "clock" timer circuit. your clutch does not sound like the sprag assembly is holding. It is possible to assemble them incorrectly. I am going from memory at this point, but I believe the white plastic piece should "lock to the clock" and free-wheel during counter-clockwise rotation.
Dave
cabinets_direct  
#127 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:02:55 AM(UTC)
cabinets_direct

Thanks for the answer. If I take the control board off and inspect it,
Is there any burnt out area I should see?
It looks fine.
So I guess to replace the timer I need to
Replace the entire board?
Thanks again,
Rob
DB App.  
#128 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:48:15 AM(UTC)
DB App.

Originally Posted by: cabinets_direct Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the answer. If I take the control board off and inspect it,
Is there any burnt out area I should see?
It looks fine.
So I guess to replace the timer I need to
Replace the entire board?
Thanks again,
Rob

I looked my board over with a 10X magnifing glass and could not see any burn spots or board damage. One of those "black box" computer chips is the timer. The board is serviced as an assembly of course ! After thinking about the board failure, I have added a surge supressor to the washer outlet plug to help protect the new board.
Dave
DB App.  
#129 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:55:53 AM(UTC)
DB App.

Originally Posted by: DB App. Go to Quoted Post
I looked my board over with a 10X magnifing glass and could not see any burn spots or board damage. One of those "black box" computer chips is the timer. The board is serviced as an assembly of course ! After thinking about the board failure, I have added a surge supressor to the washer outlet plug to help protect the new board.
Dave

Also stay with dh1200s on any advice. he knows more about these machines than the fellows that designed them. He does work nights, so be patient on the reply time.
Dave
cabinets_direct  
#130 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:13:48 AM(UTC)
cabinets_direct

Originally Posted by: DB App. Go to Quoted Post
Also stay with dh1200s on any advice. he knows more about these machines than the fellows that designed them. He does work nights, so be patient on the reply time.
Dave

I started looking on ******** for the part. New from a local supplier $200.00
There is a guy on ******** that repairs the boards staring with $35.00. I'm wondering how far up it could go. Some used boards are around $50-60, then shipping. So, hopefully I can make a good decision.

Thanks again for all your input. Lots of laundry to do again.....20.00 at the Laundry Matt.
Ouch.