Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thesonicboom  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:47:49 AM(UTC)
thesonicboom

Groups: Registered

I have an OLD kenmore 68131 (I think) and it has been working great but the other day it stopped cooling. Then fan worked but no cold air. I moved it around and jostled it a bit and now its working again. I am afraid to unplug it to check the compressor and relay. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
scorpionking  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:11:30 PM(UTC)
scorpionking

hey jeff i came across the forum and i was reading and you seemed like you helped everyone so i though you can help me to ahah

my problem is similar to everyone else my fridge turned off and wouldnt come on the light inside works and thats it nothing in the display shows anything not turning on nothing so i got a technician in he im guessing reset it and the display turned on than did some tests saying ohhh you compressor is gone bad (made me touch it it was really hot ) so he said the fridge is done i than reset it myself got the display working as we speak and now its not cold but i dunno if he saying the truth or not im now also hearing some clicking noise any help would be great

btw its model samsung rs2555sl
stewdog259  
#23 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 5:51:59 AM(UTC)
stewdog259

I have a Amana fridge side by side will not start. Have check compressor for ohms and it checks ok, have check for continuity or ground on compressor it checks ok. Starter has 4.5 ohms room temp and 7.7 ohms out of freezer for 30 min. Compressor specs for 19.5 amps on start, im getting that. Has 3.7 ohms on run term, 5.7 ohms on start and 9.5 on common. The weird thing is if i put the start relay in my good fridge freezer for 30 min. and get it cold and hook it up it will fire the compressor with no problem and stay running for some time? try the starter at room temp and compressor just buzzes and trips thermal. Any ideas?
Jeff / APP Team  
#24 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 6:31:35 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello scorpionking. I would test the compressor and see if it is bad. I know a lot of times in the Samsung, it can be a bad Main Control Board causing the issue you are having with the unit. If the compressor test good, you will need to order and replace the main control board.
Part number: AP4141293
Jeff / APP Team  
#25 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 6:33:32 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Hello stewdog259. It sounds like the start relay on the unit is bad and will need to be replaced in the unit.
stewdog259  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 7:25:52 AM(UTC)
stewdog259

Thanks for the reply!
Replaced starter relay and run cap still same thing. Room temp no start put start relay in freezer get it cold and it will fire up compressor.
Weird!!!!!! check all other components in fridge they spec out.
guess compressor is bad thou it spec out is that possible?
Thanks
Jeff / APP Team  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 7:28:21 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Hello stewdog259. If the relay starter is new, then yes, it sounds like the windings in the compressor is the issue and you will need to replace the compressor on the unit.
stewdog259  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 7:37:58 AM(UTC)
stewdog259

Thanks, Did not want to here that, but at some point we have to face reality i guess.Thanks for this forum!
corimikeals  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:19:47 AM(UTC)
corimikeals

Going home tonight to have husband check the compressor. If its not the compressor, I will need help locating the correct overload relay part. We have an AMANA Model # SMD22TBW Manf # P1303509WW. :eek:
Roy r  
#30 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:21:35 AM(UTC)
Roy r

Thank you for your post. It was instrumental in helping me repair my fridge. Turned out my condenser relay was faulty. I had a very hot condenser and cool coils. Although your post did not detail what to do in this situation, a few additional searches led me to this video on how to test my condenser to determine if it or the relay was faulty. HVAC Ohming Compressor Windings - YouTube