Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bozman  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 7:50:35 AM(UTC)
bozman

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool gas dryer, lgn2000kq0 that is showing these symptoms.
I turn it on high heat, ignitor glows, lights gas, gas burns but then just shuts off after a minute and doesn't come back on, I can let it sit for a bit and try it again and it will do the same thing.
I've tested the fuse, thermostats(hi limit and cycle), ignitor and flame sensor for continuity and they all tested fine. I tried testing the gas coils and they seem to be testing in the range that I've looked up online too? I'm confused as to what might be causing it to shut down like that?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bozman  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 10:21:00 AM(UTC)
bozman

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: bozman Go to Quoted Post
I have a whirlpool gas dryer, lgn2000kq0 that is showing these symptoms.
I turn it on high heat, ignitor glows, lights gas, gas burns but then just shuts off after a minute and doesn't come back on, I can let it sit for a bit and try it again and it will do the same thing.
I've tested the fuse, thermostats(hi limit and cycle), ignitor and flame sensor for continuity and they all tested fine. I tried testing the gas coils and they seem to be testing in the range that I've looked up online too? I'm confused as to what might be causing it to shut down like that?

It runs and operates fine. Just seems that after the initial heat up than it goes cold and does not heat up again. Would the gas valve coils, even though tested within specs be a cause of the thermostats, thermal fuse, ignitor and flame sensor all tested closed for continuity?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply