Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Snowman  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 5:02:34 AM(UTC)
Snowman

Groups: Registered

Original problems were a busted microswitch behind the rubber boot actuator and leaking water at the water outlet as well as ice maker (solenoid didn't seal). We replaced the microswitch and both water control solenoids to successfully stop the leaks. However, now the ice maker doesn't fill with water. (yes, the arm is down) Can't say if the ice maker is going through it's 'cycle'. No water in the line headed to the ice maker so it appears the solenoid has yet to open since replacing it. Water dispenser works perfectly (which tells me one set of solenoids is working properly). My question is can I 'activate' the ice maker cycle so I can check voltage, if any, going to the solenoid? Can I check the continuity of the 'arm switch' somewhere? I'm also concerned if the ice maker timing control is in the same location as the microswitch assy that perhaps we damaged or failed to reconnect something in that assy. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.