Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cadiblk  
#91 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 9:08:46 AM(UTC)
Cadiblk

Groups: Registered

The basket is spinning In the CW direction during agitation. I am able to easily spin the tub both CW and CCW when the machine has stopped. Can you recommend parts from this diagnosis or doi I need to dig further?

We have five kids and our washer is running constantly. I am hoping to minimize its downtime as much as possible.

Thanks again for all your help.
DB App.  
#92 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 10:44:22 AM(UTC)
DB App.

Originally Posted by: Cadiblk Go to Quoted Post
The basket is spinning In the CW direction during agitation. I am able to easily spin the tub both CW and CCW when the machine has stopped. Can you recommend parts from this diagnosis or doi I need to dig further?

We have five kids and our washer is running constantly. I am hoping to minimize its downtime as much as possible.

I would recommend purchasing an entire clutch assembly, given your useage and wanting minimum downtime.

Dave
dh1200s  
#93 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 12:22:40 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: Cadiblk Go to Quoted Post

The One-Way bearing in the Clutch Pulley is seized.

That is causing the the Wash Basket/Spinner Support to rotate CW itate cycle and the wash tub swings.

This dosent happen in Spin Cycle (in the Wash Cycle or a Spin Only cycle) because the One-Way bearing needs to Lock up with CCW rotation Spin direction because the bearing is already locked up it's seized.

What's the fix and it will be short time fix...... as DB Apps said replace the Clutch the Pulley Assembly. What's the root cause......read the post on Outer Tub bearing replacement. We need to discuss if you want to move toward a permanent fix. The FAV6800A/FAV9800A's that do not use the Upper Oneway Bearing ring have a redesigned Outer Tub that makes the perm fix a bit more painful. Most owners just walk away from the machine with that redesigned outer tub........but I have helped folks with an Outer Tub rebuild make a sucessful repair on this forum with that redesigned Outer Tub.

Look for a post ""Where's the bearing""

Google this original part number 25001169 for best price. It has gone wild since my purchase 4 years ago for $51 delivered to the house.................Dick
Cadiblk  
#94 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 4:33:42 PM(UTC)
Cadiblk

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
The One-Way bearing in the Clutch Pulley is seized.

That is causing the the Wash Basket/Spinner Support to rotate CW itate cycle and the wash tub swings.

This dosent happen in Spin Cycle (in the Wash Cycle or a Spin Only cycle) because the One-Way bearing needs to Lock up with CCW rotation Spin direction because the bearing is already locked up it's seized.

What's the fix and it will be short time fix...... as DB Apps said replace the Clutch the Pulley Assembly. What's the root cause......read the post on Outer Tub bearing replacement. We need to discuss if you want to move toward a permanent fix. The FAV6800A/FAV9800A's that do not use the Upper Oneway Bearing ring have a redesigned Outer Tub that makes the perm fix a bit more painful. Most owners just walk away from the machine with that redesigned outer tub........but I have helped folks with an Outer Tub rebuild make a sucessful repair on this forum with that redesigned Outer Tub.

Look for a post ""Where's the bearing""

Google this original part number 25001169 for best price. It has gone wild since my purchase 4 years ago for $51 delivered to the house.................Dick

Thanks for the help. I would like to perform the permanent fix. How can I get the info from you?
dh1200s  
#95 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 6:25:06 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

""How can I get the info from you""

All my info is at this forum.

You said you believe your Series 12 machine does not use the Upper Bearing ring.

Here is the problem with machines that do not use the Upper Bearing ring. At some point in the production run of FAV6800A’a and FAV9800A’s Maytag with their lack of wisdom took the fuctionality of that Upper One-Way Bearing ring and moved it to be integrated/made part of the Lower Outer Tub bearing assembly. This is a split bearing assembly that I and others have failed to locate in the USA….maybe in some parts warehouse in China.

The work around as part of the Outer Tub rebuild is to replace that bearing assembly with off the shelf 6207-2RS bearings which are dirt cheap. Read thru the Outer Tub rebuild post and make sure you are up for the tear down/rebuild. I recommend a complete rebuild including Tub Seal, Tranny O-Ring, Spinner Support bearing replacement and Upper and Lower Outer Tub bearings.

Dave ……DB App did you rebuild your series 16 machine and use the Lowes door knob shim’s?

I would also go with Dave’s suggestion and replace the Clutch Pulley assembly to get you back in service. Then if you are still up for the rebuild gather the parts and pick a window of time for the tear down/rebuild.

Again please read thru the post FAV6800A/FAV9800A Outer Tub bearing replacement so you have a feel for the rebuild process and the pitfalls that I and other DIY owners ran into. Some walked away from the process…..it’s not for everyone. I feel anyone with basic hand tool skills can do the rebuild with a little guidance. I have only firsthand experience with my Series 10 FAV6800A Outer Tub rebuild. I feel I will have no problem rebuilding my Series 17 and 16 machines that use the integrated Lower Outer Tub bearing assembly at very reasonable cost.

See this post Where are the bearings? for pic’s of the Lower Outer Tub Split bearing assembly which is in your machine...... if your Series FAV6800A does not use the Upper One-Way bearing ring………Dick
DB App.  
#96 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 10:05:17 AM(UTC)
DB App.

test post, had trouble the 2 days
DB App.  
#97 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 10:17:59 AM(UTC)
DB App.

Originally Posted by: DB App. Go to Quoted Post
test post, had trouble the 2 days

I can't post more than 2 sentences without getting a rejection notice and my answer being deleted. Any Ideas?
dh1200s  
#98 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:37:04 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Maybe forum moderator can check your account status.

Was just wondering if you replaced you Outer Tub bearings with 6207-2RS bearings and buillt out that lower Outer Tub bearing spacing with shims?
Cadiblk  
#99 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 8:20:27 AM(UTC)
Cadiblk

I am having the same problem.
dh1200s  
#100 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 8:35:44 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Not sure what could be going on. I'm going to paste in some text and see if ithis test text will show up in the thread;

""Again please read thru the post FAV6800A/FAV9800A Outer Tub bearing replacement so you have a feel for the rebuild process and the pitfalls that I and other DIY owners ran into. Some walked away from the process…..it’s not for everyone. I feel anyone with basic hand tool skills can do the rebuild with a little guidance. I have only firsthand experience with my Series 10 FAV6800A Outer Tub rebuild. I feel I will have no problem rebuilding my Series 17 and 16 machines that use the integrated Lower Outer Tub bearing assembly at very reasonable cost.""