Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oceanrunner  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2007 11:27:52 AM(UTC)
oceanrunner

Groups: Registered

Problems with Frigidaire FRS6R4E Side by Side Refrigerator. Freezer cold, but frig not blowing any cool or cold air to refrig. I checked the back for frozen lines, dust, and anything unusual. Everything looks fine. I took the plastics rail(inside refrig) off the check to see if the damper open and working. It opens when shutting off and noticed it opened for air flow. I discovered no cold air being transfer from freezer to refig. I checked the bottom inside refrig, and noticed more vent hole. No air blowing, but noticed the lines inside froze up with ice. Need help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jdappl07  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2007 5:32:22 PM(UTC)
jdappl07

Groups: Senior Expert

first of all if less than a year old call a service company for repair becuase it is under first year warranty. If you want to know how to check this one you need to see if the fan in the freezer is running blowing cold air up from the evaporator ( it is behind the freezer wall) if it is click the refig side light switch five times in five seconds (this will put it in defrost mode)take you amp meter wrap it around the heater wire and see if you are reading 3-5 amps if not write back (a bad defrost circuit)