Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oceanrunner  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:15:41 PM(UTC)
oceanrunner

Groups: Registered

I had this refig for 1 yr and 4 months. Last week I discovered the freezer ice colder, and refrig department warm last week. I checked it out, and found the bottom opening on the lower left side the coils were snow freezed up, and no cold air blowing from the left top vents. I checked the damper for operation, and it worked. Matter of fact, no air at all. I unplugged refrig ,and use a hair blow dryer to defrost the lines. After defrosting manually, started the refrig and worked correctly.
Today, Tuesday,Nov.27,2007, the same problem. Refrig warm and no air blowing at all from the top left vent. I click the light button five times to put refrig in defrost mode. I heard the compressor kicked off. Waited an hour, same problem. I pulled the refrig out and checked inside behind refrig. No dust or anything frozen. I looked inside the refrig on lower left side inside vent holes, and coils snonwed as mentioned above.
What could be causing this problem or what is the problem and how to fix?????? By the way, when things didn't work properly, I noticed the h20 dispenser didn't despense any water. I mean no water! I hope this is enough info to help me with my problem. I did the same thing(hair blower trick) like last week, and its working fine again.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kooler  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:20:08 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

The model number listed is not coming up in any searches I use, recheck the number posted with the id tag...
oceanrunner  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:47:04 AM(UTC)
oceanrunner

That is the model number on refrig
kooler  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:12:17 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

Sorry it took further diggin'... I'm usually partial to blaming the defrost end t-stat (AP2150145) only because that critter is usually the culprit with defrost issues.. Otherwise the defrost control might be your problem (AP3562972)... Hard to tell from afar but hope providing resource for parts helps, cheers, kooler
appliance tech  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:05:06 PM(UTC)
appliance tech

Originally Posted by: oceanrunner Go to Quoted Post
I had this refig for 1 yr and 4 months. Last week I discovered the freezer ice colder, and refrig department warm last week. I checked it out, and found the bottom opening on the lower left side the coils were snow freezed up, and no cold air blowing from the left top vents. I checked the damper for operation, and it worked. Matter of fact, no air at all. I unplugged refrig ,and use a hair blow dryer to defrost the lines. After defrosting manually, started the refrig and worked correctly.
Today, Tuesday,Nov.27,2007, the same problem. Refrig warm and no air blowing at all from the top left vent. I click the light button five times to put refrig in defrost mode. I heard the compressor kicked off. Waited an hour, same problem. I pulled the refrig out and checked inside behind refrig. No dust or anything frozen. I looked inside the refrig on lower left side inside vent holes, and coils snonwed as mentioned above.
What could be causing this problem or what is the problem and how to fix?????? By the way, when things didn't work properly, I noticed the h20 dispenser didn't despense any water. I mean no water! I hope this is enough info to help me with my problem. I did the same thing(hair blower trick) like last week, and its working fine again.

Try turning frig. off for 24 hrs. You may still have ice in ducts you don't know of. As long as freezer coils aren't badly frosted or frozen over. Other wise you may also have a defrost issue.
oceanrunner  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 8:19:05 PM(UTC)
oceanrunner

Your right! I replaced a 15.00 part and solved the problem. Its has been working now for 3 weeks without a problem. The refrig maintain its temp at 40 degrees.