Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jojonychome  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 8:10:53 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

Groups: Registered

is there a place to go and download the service manual for my washer so i have a better guide to follow in fixing this machine not real mechanically inclined so any help will be great....still researching your earlier suggestions
jojonychome  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 8:33:17 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

you had mentioned a fluid type balance ring in the top but when we took the machine apart I did not see where this was located....am taking machine apart again this weekend.....you of course will hear from me again am getting desperate.....will downloading a service manual help and where would i find one and how to do it
Joe / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 10:32:55 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jojonychome Go to Quoted Post
you had mentioned a fluid type balance ring in the top but when we took the machine apart I did not see where this was located....am taking machine apart again this weekend.....you of course will hear from me again am getting desperate.....will downloading a service manual help and where would i find one and how to do it

JoJo,

The balance ring is the white plastic upper ring of the spin basket. it is not an individual part, it is part of the spin basket.

All you can do with it is check for hairline cracks and holes, or listen for a "sloshing" noise when you shake or move the tub.

Yes, if you can, get a service manual, it'll come in handy, I'm not sure this PDF file will download and be usable, but it's all I've got for now.
(otherwise you'll need to purchase one off the internet, or from the manufacturer).

https://secured.whirlpoo...73421b/$FILE/8178583.pdf

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
jojonychome  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 6:12:09 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

when i take the machine apart what am i looking for on the rotor sensor...will there be pieces broken off or else how do i know this is the bad part.....since i am all thumbs ...hate to take this monster apart and then dont know what to look for next....guess i will try and find one of the how to videos on this if you have one available thanks again for any help
Joe / APP Team  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:22:02 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

when i take the machine apart what am i looking for on the rotor sensor...will there be pieces broken off or else how do i know this is the bad part.....since i am all thumbs ...hate to take this monster apart and then dont know what to look for next....guess i will try and find one of the how to videos on this if you have one available thanks again for any help

JoJo,
It's not likely you'll "see" anything wrong, other than loose wire connections or a warped / loose top cover/housing(if you're lucky). This is one of those components that you have to "eliminate" after you do all the other checks and diagnosis.

jojonychome  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 8:20:32 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

finally took the unit apart and found two cracks in the stator....was getting the f1 and f51 code prior....are any of these parts covered under any warranty...also are the cracks the cause of the tub banging back and forth and up and down or is something else wrong
Joe / APP Team  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:18:23 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

finally took the unit apart and found two cracks in the stator....was getting the f1 and f51 code prior....are any of these parts covered under any warranty...also are the cracks the cause of the tub banging back and forth and up and down or is something else wrong

JoJo,
Yes, The cracks in the sensor housing, is the cause of the F1 and F51 error codes. The fact that the sensor informs the control board of what the motor is doing, is also the cause of the irratic operation , provided, you're using the proper, reccomended loading procedure, in the Use and Care Manual.

Order and install the reccomended part, and you'll be fine.

jojonychome  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:45:06 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

i have been loading the machine correctly and even when there is nothing in it the washer goes crazy banging back and forth...only other thing i am not sure about is the counterweight for balance....dont remember seeing one....where is it located....if i need one i want to order all parts at once and hope this fixes the problem
Joe / APP Team  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:13:18 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

i have been loading the machine correctly and even when there is nothing in it the washer goes crazy banging back and forth...only other thing i am not sure about is the counterweight for balance....dont remember seeing one....where is it located....if i need one i want to order all parts at once and hope this fixes the problem

JoJo,

Thanks, for the information.
The outer tub counterbalance is just a metal plate attached to the bottom of the outer tub assembly at the 12 o'clock position, you probably won't need it. The spin basket counterbalance is the white plastic ring around the top of the steel spin tub. you'd have to replace the spin basket if it has lost the sodium based liquid in the ring. You should be able to hear the solution sloshing around if you remove and manipulate the tub, and check the white ring for cracks and holes. When you remove the spin basket to check the solution, also check the drive hub,

Part number: AP3892170
Part number: AP3892170

and make sure the keys or tabs are not damaged or bent, and the spin tub engages the drive hub properly. If all's OK, replace the RPS sensor kit, and you'll be fine.

jojonychome  
#20 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 1:44:13 PM(UTC)
jojonychome

furious right now took the whole machine apart and replaced the rotor and the machine is still bouncing from side to side and up and down i am still getting the f1 code on the machine....i thought this was on recall for that problem
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply