Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jojonychome  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:13:39 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

Groups: Registered

:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: Posted last week that the cabrio works until the last 10 minutes then at the highest speed it rocks from side to side then bounces up and down ....have spread out the clothes and even taken some out to fix the problem....that did not work even tried taking all the clothes out and it still rocks from side to side have gotten the ul message and i moved the clothes around still no help what should i look for that might have broken....help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:41:37 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jojonychome Go to Quoted Post
:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: Posted last week that the cabrio works until the last 10 minutes then at the highest speed it rocks from side to side then bounces up and down ....have spread out the clothes and even taken some out to fix the problem....that did not work even tried taking all the clothes out and it still rocks from side to side have gotten the ul message and i moved the clothes around still no help what should i look for that might have broken....help

JoJo,

First, you want to unplug the power cord and slide the washer out approximately 6" and raise the top of the washer(use a putty knife and press in on the two spring clips holding the washer top to the washer cabinet ) Check and make sure the insulation pads and blocks have not broken loose from the cabinet and are resting between the tub and cabinet. Remove the tub cover(clipped in place and check the upper white plastic ring around the top of the tub(balance ring) for cracks, breaks and loss of fluid from ring. Check and insure the 4 suspension rod and ball joints(1 in each corner) are properly secured, clean, and well lubricatee with silicone grease.

I'm taking for granted you have already checked and made sure the washer is level, legs are locked in place and there is no vibration or movement in the floor.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
jojonychome  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:08:33 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

thanks for getting back to me so quick....i will try taking the machine apart over the weekend and if these two things are not the problem i will be back on again ...hope it is easy to get the top off and back together again so insides can be checked:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:46:14 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

thanks for getting back to me so quick....i will try taking the machine apart over the weekend and if these two things are not the problem i will be back on again ...hope it is easy to get the top off and back together again so insides can be checked:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JoJo,

You'll do fine, here are some instructions that should help you through,
*** Unplug the power cord and turn the water faucets off ***

d) Tape the washer lid closed.
e) Using a putty knife, press and unlock the two front top locks. The locks are approximately 6-1/2˝ from the outside edge of the washer.

To remove the basket:

a) Loosen the clamp and pull the recirculation hose off the tub ring.
b) Pry out and unsnap the tub ring tabs from the tub and remove the tub ring.

c) Insert the blade of a small screwdriver into the slot in the impeller cap, then pry the cap up, and remove it.
d) Remove the 7/16˝ hex-head bolt from the impeller, then lift and remove the impeller from the basket. NOTE: Lifting the basket will assist in removing

the impeller
e) Lift the basket out of the washer.
Remove the four suspension rod assemblies
from the washer. To remove a rod
assembly:
a) Grasp the rod several inches below the suspension ball, and lift the rod so
the hooked end is free of the ball
b) Rotate the suspension ball so that the slotted side is parallel with the hooked end of the rod, and slide the rod out of the ball. Keep the ball in its holder.

Good Luck,

jojonychome  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:25:15 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

took the washer apart and the suspension rods are fine.....dont know where to go from here
jojonychome  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:56:39 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

we took the machine apart today and the suspension rods were all ok....could this be a control panel problem or what should i look for next....all the rubber pieces are in the top on all sides but still the same problem what should we look for next:mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 8:44:58 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

we took the machine apart today and the suspension rods were all ok....could this be a control panel problem or what should i look for next....all the rubber pieces are in the top on all sides but still the same problem what should we look for next:mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:

JoJo,

OK, and you're sure the "pivot ball" and housing are smooth, clean and well lubricated, correct ?
You'll need to remove the spin basket, and check the tub for movement, with it out. also check and listen for a fluid "sloshing " type noise when you get it out, you have a fluid type balance ring in the top ring, if it leaked out, you could have a problem with a balanced tub.

There is a counterweight mounted the the center rear of the outer tub, I have never had one, loose or fall off, but you may want to check that as well.

I would'nt think you have a bad control board, if anything, I would start with the RPS assembly,

Part number: AP4327312
Part number: AP4327312

Good Luck,

jojonychome  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:11:37 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

Hi again....when I checked the suspension rods they did not seem to be broken in any way but they all had gunk around them but seemed rather dry...what should they have around them ...you mentioned lubrication which i did not see anything but dried matter and I thought it might have been old matter that had built up....is there a way i can check for fault codes that might help me...will have to take apart the machine again and look furher over the weekend and get back with you....getting frustrating
jojonychome  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:51:10 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

i also checked the fault codes and it gave me an f51 saying the rotor position sensor could be bad.....if so how would i tackle that
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:19:18 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

i also checked the fault codes and it gave me an f51 saying the rotor position sensor could be bad.....if so how would i tackle that

JoJo,

If you need to replace the sensor kit,
You'll need to raise the front of the machine high enough to get under it, or lay it on it's back, you'll need a set of allen wrenches to remove the center bolt in the plastic, stator housing to remove it and the sensor.

But first, raise the tub, release the tub support hangers and clean and lubricate all 4 of the pivots, with "white lithium" grease, and make sure the tub assembly moves freely in all directions.

Here are the instructions to access the motor/sensor assemblies, if you need to go that direction.

1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Turn off the water supply to the washer.
3. Disconnect the hot and cold water hoses from the rear of the washer, and remove the end of the drain hose from the standpipe or laundry tub.
4. Tape the washer lid closed.
5. Carefully lay the washer on its front panel. Place padding on the floor to protect the surfaces.

6. Use a 1/4˝ Allen wrench and loosen the rotor mounting screw as far as it will go (the screw is captive and cannot be removed
from the rotor). The rotor is seated on the splined tub shaft. Rock the rotor
back and forth and pull it off the shaft so it contacts the screw washer-head, then further loosen the screw. Do this until the rotor is removed from the shaft.

7. Pull the two wire standoffs out of the tub holes.
8. Remove the four 3/8˝ bolts from the drive motor stator assembly.
9. Pull the shield and the stator with the two round spacers (front and back) off the tub.

10. Disconnect the power connector from the stator terminals.
11. Disconnect the wire standoff and edge connector from the rotor position sensor cover. NOTE: If present, slide or cut the

wire tie from around the edge connector
12. Pry up on the two locking tabs and pull the rotor position sensor cover off the stator housing. NOTE: In the top right photo, there are two indents on the housing to mark where the rotor position sensor cover is installed. Be sure to snap the two tabs on the rotor position sensor cover into these indents when you reinstall it on the stator assembly.

Rotor Position Sensor Cover Tab Indents

REASSEMBLY NOTE: When you reinstall the drive motor rotor over the stator assembly, do not grip the rotor housing around the rear edge with your fingers. The magnets around the rotor housing are very strong, and they will pull the rotor into the stator coil magnets when the rotor magnets come within their
magnetic field. Keep your fingers along the outside of the rotor housing and away from the rear edge when you are installing it on the stator assembly.

Good Luck,

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply