Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
freddiknox  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 10:36:17 AM(UTC)
freddiknox

Groups: Registered

Electric Dryer operates but does not heat up. I noticed this after a repairman shorted the hot wire from the house fuse box that goes to the dryer. the electrical short, shut the whole house down, we had to reset the house breaker. My Question is does the dryer have a protective fuse that might have blown? need help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 2:27:38 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

Reset the breaker for the DRYER!!!!!!!!!
freddiknox  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 11:18:52 AM(UTC)
freddiknox

Originally Posted by: Drags1998 Go to Quoted Post
Reset the breaker for the DRYER!!!!!!!!!

Electric Dryer operates but does not heat up. I noticed this after a repairman shorted the hot wire from the house fuse box that goes to the dryer. the electrical short, shut the whole house down, we had to reset the house breaker. My Question is does the dryer have a protective fuse that might have blown? need help I already reset the house main breaker and the breaker that goes to the dryer. both breakers are working fine.
freddiknox  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 11:19:48 AM(UTC)
freddiknox

Electric Dryer operates but does not heat up. I noticed this after a repairman shorted the hot wire from the house fuse box that goes to the dryer. the electrical short, shut the whole house down, we had to reset the house breaker. My Question is does the dryer have a protective fuse that might have blown? need help I already reset the house main breaker and the breaker that goes to the dryer. both breakers are working fine.
freddiknox  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 11:22:33 AM(UTC)
freddiknox

Electric Dryer operates but does not heat up. I noticed this after a repairman shorted the hot wire from the house fuse box that goes to the dryer. the electrical short, shut the whole house down, we had to reset the house breaker. My Question is does the dryer have a protective fuse that might have blown? need help I already reset the house main breaker and the breaker that goes to the dryer. both breakers are working fine. Dryer still does not work
Drags1998  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 11:50:04 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

To answer your question, NO, it does not have a fuse. I'm a little confused, if the REPAIR MAN shorted it out, Why has HE not repaired the problem???? I would recommend finding a NEW REPAIR MAN!!!!!