Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
onegumshoe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:00:14 PM(UTC)
onegumshoe

Groups: Registered

Suddenly my oven controls will not work. The touch pad's buttons will not all work...some do...some don't. The clock cannot be set. The 'lock' and 'unlock' functions work, the 'start', 'clear', temp 'down' buttons beep, but do nothing else. There is a display seen for the lock/unlock and the only other time the display lights is when I disconnect the lead from the control panel to the circuit board and it displays 'E1 F2, which just tells me the panel is disconnected from the board. I need to determine if this is a circuit board or control panel problem. Any suggestions as to how I can do this...or is my description of the problem sufficient for you to give an opinion?

Thanks...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:59:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There is an error in the model number you posted. Between "P" and "0" suppose to be one more letter. Verify the model number and post it back.

Gene.
onegumshoe  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:15:26 PM(UTC)
onegumshoe

Gene:

Thank you very much for the reply to my question re. the control pad. After posting my question I found out my wife had a pot boil over yesterday. I saw no sign of dirt or moisture when I first took the control panel apart but, as the touchpad itself is a sealed unit, I heated it slightly for a couple of hours...and now it's working fine! Thanks again!
louisluu  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:46:06 PM(UTC)
louisluu

Hi
My oven comes with cooktop made by Frigidaire, model # FEB386WECH. It makes beeps everyday, is there parts need to be replaced ? please give advise. Thanks you.

Louis Luu
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:12:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Louis Luu,

When and how it beeps? Does it only beep or it shows any error code?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FEB386WECH Frg(v0) / Wall Oven | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
kmitchus  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:39:00 PM(UTC)
kmitchus

Originally Posted by: onegumshoe Go to Quoted Post
Gene:

Thank you very much for the reply to my question re. the control pad. After posting my question I found out my wife had a pot boil over yesterday. I saw no sign of dirt or moisture when I first took the control panel apart but, as the touchpad itself is a sealed unit, I heated it slightly for a couple of hours...and now it's working fine! Thanks again!

Gene,
I have a FRIGIDAIRE oven model gleb30s8aba. I got the F1 code for a few weeks and was always able to reset. The oven control buttons stopped working. Only the clock works. I've replace the control unit, yet the clock is still the only thing working. Any ideas?
Gene  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:04:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Very likely the problem is a shorted keypad which is a part of the control panel.

- The control panel Part number: AP2127538
Part number: AP2127538

Gene.
kmitchus  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:34:53 PM(UTC)
kmitchus

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Very likely the problem is a shorted keypad which is a part of the control panel.

- The control panel Part number: AP2127538
Part number: AP2127538

Gene.

I've replaced the control board. How do I test the new board to verify if the keypad is shorted?
Gene  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 6:23:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

The "F1" error code means "control failure". Control in your model consists of two parts: control board and control panel.

If the oven control buttons stopped working (per your description on the problem) then the first failure suspect is the control panel with keypad. At least this is the part I would replace first.

There are no instrumental tests provided by the manufacturer for such situation.

Gene.
MichelleF  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:24:05 AM(UTC)
MichelleF

I purchased this range and had issues with the touchpad within warranty. The service technician didn't replace the part, but reattached/cleaned some wires. Since that time, we have had repeated issues with the touchpad, most recently requiring that I get service again for the problem. Now the technician says the membrane needs to be replaced.

What kind of shoddy production /repair is this that you cannot replace or manufacture a product that doesn't require service calls every 6 months? I will be sure to post your lack of responsiveness to all the forums on the web where people are posting complaints about THIS SPECIFIC PRODUCT DEFECT.

And I will make sure that I use all of my online and offline networks to ensure that the name FRIGIDAIRE is synonymous with shoddy workmanship and CRAPPY customer service.