Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

22 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richappy  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2008 4:10:45 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Your motherboard in the back of the refrigerator needs to be replaced to stop the noise. It eventually will get worse and possibly fail.
astevea  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 10:26:59 PM(UTC)
astevea

Groups: Registered

I have a TPS24BPDABS with a freezer that is cold at the bottom and not so cold at the top. Frig side also not cold enough. Also, ice maker stopped working and ice melted.
Upon removel of evaporator panel, frost was found at the top coils, but frost free at the bottom coils. Defroster element happened to come on and appeared to be working fine.
However, evaporator fan never appears to run. So, I suspect this is the problem. Does this sound right to you? And does this motor test procedure also apply to my model? Also, the test procedure in step shows diconnecting the motor before proceeding to the evap motor test procedures. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you might be able to provide.

Steve
richappy  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:23:44 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Seems like you have a refrigeration system problem requiring a pro to look at.
This should be covered under warranty.
kayakcrzy  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 3:58:53 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Don't have a full model #, but if it has a mother board, that is the problem. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
jrogers  
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:59:14 AM(UTC)
jrogers

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Unplug the refrigerator before going further!

Disassemble procedure:

1. Remove the four ¼” ice maker bracket screws located at the four corners of the bracket.

2. Remove the two ¼” ice dispenser drive mounting bracket screws and remove the brackets.

3. Remove the two ¼” upper evaporator fan ductwork screws.

4. Unlock the tabs and remove the lower evaporator fan ductwork.

5. Remove the four ¼” evaporator cover screws and remove the cover.

6. Remove the two ¼” upper evaporator fan duct work screws located at the lower portion of the ductwork.

7. Using a small flat screwdriver, unlock the tabs for the ice maker and dispenser cables.

8. Slide the upper fan ductwork out.

9. Disconnect the evaporator fan wiring harness.

To test the evaporator fan motor skip to the test procedure, otherwise proceed further.

10. Remove the ¼” screw for the evaporator fan ground wire.

11. Remove the two ¼” evaporator fan bracket mounting screws located at either side of the bracket.

12. Remove the evaporator fan assembly.

NOTE: The evaporator thermistor must be replaced when replacing the fan.

The evaporator fan motor test procedure:

1. Unplug the refrigerator to reset the main control board.

2. Warm up the freezer thermistor to 70°F and set the temperature controls to middle settings.

3. Reconnect the power.

4. Check for 13 VDC from the red to the white wire and between 8 to 13 VDC from the white to the yellow wire at the evaporator fan connector.

5. If there is correct voltage for both, then the evaporator fan motor has to be replaced.

6. If the voltage is incorrect, then the main control board has to be replaced.

7. If the voltage is incorrect, check the resistance between the white to the red wire and the white to the yellow wire. If it’s less than 1K ohm, the evaporator fan motor is shorted and has to be replaced.

Best regards.
Gene.

Gene,
Hi, I think I need a new freezer (evap.?) fan motor, i have tested it and there is no resistance. The volts as measured by the refridge. service test 12.9 (test doesn't turn fan on). I have read above that i will need to replace the fan and evaporator thermistor. How do you replace the evaporator thermistor? Do you cut the old one out and solder the new one in place?
I have a Kenmore Elite, model # 596.76502500. I posted on one of your other threads but i think this thread answers my problem better.

Thanks!
agnazzo  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:15:08 PM(UTC)
agnazzo

hello~
I am trying to see if i can repair my refrig on my own. I had to replace the motor evap fan 2yrs ago..i'm thinking it might be the same thing thats causing it not to work now. Th e temp is not correct in the refrig..and the ice maker will not work?
Gene  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:19:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: agnazzo Go to Quoted Post
hello~
I am trying to see if i can repair my refrig on my own. I had to replace the motor evap fan 2yrs ago..i'm thinking it might be the same thing thats causing it not to work now. Th e temp is not correct in the refrig..and the ice maker will not work?

Can you be more specific on the problem?

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.
agnazzo  
#18 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 3:16:12 AM(UTC)
agnazzo

Hi Gene~
the problem is 2 things...me fridge will not keep the correct temp it is not cold enough...have it up to 7 and its not correct temp. also i noticed that the ice maker is not working. i do not hear the fridge clicking off and on?
it seems to be the same thing when 2 yrs ago i had to replace the motor evap fan?
model #GTS18KBMDRWW
THANKS
Gene  
#19 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 2:36:56 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What exactly are temperatures in the freezer and in the refrigerator?

Do you see a frost on the rear panel in the freezer?

Remove the cover on the back of the fridge and make sure the fan motor next to the compressor is running. Clean the condenser coil from the back and from the front.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE GTS18KBMDRWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
RB47  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:00:01 PM(UTC)
RB47

I have an Eterna model # ESS25XGMB CC, serial # HA 266281. The freezer is not cold enough (currently about 12 degrees F) and the vegetables in the bottom bin of the refrigerator compartment are frozen. The refrigerator (compressor?) is running constantly.

From other problem reports I've read, I suspect that the evaporator fan is not working. Is this likely? Can I use the procedure at the top of this thread on my model?

Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply