Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mqcheng64  
#41 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 2:57:45 PM(UTC)
mqcheng64

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Unlikely, but there is a small chance that the flame sensor contacts open prematurely.

- The flame sensor Part number: AP2910747
Part number: AP2910747

Gene.
P.S. Be aware that any unneeded parts purchased from Appliance Parts Pros can be return within 45 days.

Hi Gene,
I got the flame sensor today and install right away , put everything back together turn on the dryer. The ignitor glow for 40 seconds and it ignited the gas blue flame stay on for 35 seconds then goes out. Do you think venting is problem, Because from the laundry room outlet to outside wall 14 feet. I already replaced all heating elements and check all continuity, even changing gas valve and final part is flame sensor . So far I already spend $400 hours of free labor and chew off by the B...!!!! and really patient. Please help me . Thanks
Gene  
#42 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 4:49:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In your very first post you said that "I have checked the blower wheel in good shape and clean vent to the outside". The blue flame staying on for 35 seconds only definitely points to the restricted air flow. So you may want to run one or two loads in the dryer with the vent hose disconnected from the dryer.

Also it is very common situation for Maytag dryers when the blower wheel is sliding around the motor shaft causing much less air flow.

Gene.
P.S. As I said earlier you can return any parts purchased from Appliance Parts Pros.
mqcheng64  
#43 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 7:54:21 AM(UTC)
mqcheng64

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
In your very first post you said that "I have checked the blower wheel in good shape and clean vent to the outside". The blue flame staying on for 35 seconds only definitely points to the restricted air flow. So you may want to run one or two loads in the dryer with the vent hose disconnected from the dryer.

Also it is very common situation for Maytag dryers when the blower wheel is sliding around the motor shaft causing much less air flow.

Gene.
P.S. As I said earlier you can return any parts purchased from Appliance Parts Pros.

Hi Gene ,
I removed the duct it does the same thing. The ignitor glow for 30 seconds ignite the gas blue flame for 30 seconds then goes out. Thanks
mqcheng64  
#44 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 11:44:44 AM(UTC)
mqcheng64

Originally Posted by: mqcheng64 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene ,
I removed the duct it does the same thing. The ignitor glow for 30 seconds ignite the gas blue flame for 30 seconds then goes out. Thanks

Hi Gene,
I removed the duct put a load wet clothes and turn on the gas dryer, the ignitor glow for 30 seconds and ignited the gas blue flame for 30 Seconds then goes out and other 30 seconds glow red hot , but no flame keep repeating . So I recheck all my heating elements contuinity again. But this time I discovered my ignitor has a hair line crack at the tip and I check its with mutimeter read .76 OMH ( Brand new Ignitor). Do you think that the crack cause problem.Thanks
Gene  
#45 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 12:44:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

The igniter is definitely bad. Replace it and see how the dryer will work.

The air flow is still questionable.

Gene.
oasis  
#46 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 5:41:24 PM(UTC)
oasis

Good evening, I have a Whirlpool LGB6200PQ0 gas dryer that take more than 2 cycles of 50min to dry. I have check the following:

1. thermal fuse = continuity
2. dryer cycling thermostat = continuity with the 2 red wire, but nothing on 2 purple wire
3. T-stat, high limit = continuity
4. Thermal cutoff = continuity

what else can I check for?

Thanks!
Gene  
#47 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 5:46:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: oasis Go to Quoted Post
Good evening, I have a Whirlpool LGB6200PQ0 gas dryer that take more than 2 cycles of 50min to dry. I have check the following:

1. thermal fuse = continuity
2. dryer cycling thermostat = continuity with the 2 red wire, but nothing on 2 purple wire
3. T-stat, high limit = continuity
4. Thermal cutoff = continuity

what else can I check for?

Thanks!

Have you checked the exhaust line for any air flow restrictions?

Gene.
oasis  
#48 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 5:51:48 PM(UTC)
oasis

Exhaust flex looks clean to the point of the wall, not sure from the wall to the top of the roof.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Gene  
#49 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 5:56:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

If the vent goes on top of the roof then the problem is there. No doubt about it. Verify if your association covers such cleaning - some of they do. If not then you have to call a pro to clean it. It must be done by a pro.

It has to be done once every five years and if it's not then it can cause a fire.

Gene.
oasis  
#50 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 6:01:35 PM(UTC)
oasis

Thank you for the info! I will have someone take a look at it. Therefore, all parts looks operational? not sure on the "dryer cycling thermostat"?