Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
temartin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:42:31 AM(UTC)
temartin

Groups: Registered

The right front element part AP2634743 has failed on this cooktop and I ordered the new element from APP. Although the part photos on the website show the calibration instruction sheet no such sheet was included when I received the part. Customer service says they would have sent anything that came in the box. Does any one have a copy or PDF of the calibration instructions?

Thanks

Tom Martin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

temartin  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 5:10:29 AM(UTC)
temartin

Groups: Registered

Well, I did not get any answers from the pros here, so I found out myself. The full wiring diagram, troubleshooting, and calibration instructions are on a sheet inside the cooktop. You can access it once you get the ceramic top off. I confirmed the failed temp sensor with my multimeter. The element replacement was straightforward, and the calibration of all 5 inductive sensors was also straightforward using the instructions. Calibration took about one minute. Elsewhere on this board one of the pros states that calibration can only be done by a GE technician and is extremely complicated. Incorrect.:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply