Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BikerWoman  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 10:46:46 AM(UTC)
BikerWoman

Groups: Registered

I have a Triton XL dishwasher (GSD6600G02BB) I obtained used and installed myself. The soap dispenser opens when running though a normal cycle however there is considerable if not all the soap remaining in the dispenser after completion. I'm using Cascade with shine shield measuring 2 Tablespoons into the dispenser and no Jet Dry. The water temperature is right at 140 degrees F. I evaluated the spray arms and cleaned out any debris observed in the holes (only a small amount). The water appears to be entering and leaving the dishwasher appropriately.

What can be causing the soap to remain in the dispenser? :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:14:13 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric GSD6600G02BB Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Usually this is dirty filters in the unit or debris in the sump.

This should help disassemble the unit/pump. Although the manual is for different models the pump is basically the same as yours.
http://appliancejunk.com/ge/dishwasher/31-9137.pdf

Also when you installed it did you check that the screen filter on the input side of the water valve was clean.
It may have been clean but moving the water supply tubing may have knocked crud loose and now it is partially plugged.
Check to see if the unit fills with enough water.
Most units fill to just under the heating element.
If you think it is low open the door after each fill and add a quart or two of hot water.
Just be careful to not overfill it.
If it now washes OK low fill is the problem.
Remove the fill valve and check/clean the screen filter.
Do not permanently remove it from the valve as it is there to keep crud out of the valve, which could hold it open and cause a flood.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
BikerWoman  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:49:06 AM(UTC)
BikerWoman

Denman you were right on the nose. The unit is not filling fully (takes 2 quarts to get it full); now the dispense is devoid of soap. I did clean the screen filter of the fill valve -- nothing was really in it. However, the fill hose has a slight build up of scale. I have a water softener, however my suspicion is the previous owner did not. My next step is to replace the fill valve. Do you think I need to replace the fill hose? I still have the old dishwasher, any problem if I use that one? (limited funds currently)

I have a few other questions, how do I remove the big screen at the bottom of the washer -- there were several small little pieces of glass and one large one on the screen, I suspect some or something else might have gotten through the screen, should I clean it out? Also, now, with the unit filled to just below the heating element, it makes a rumbling noise when washing but not filling and only a very short period into the draining cycle. I suspect it's something to do with the spray arms causing this fairly loud noise. I'm going to check all the spray arm connections but is there anything else?

I really appreciate you help -- with limited funds and a completely do it yourself sort of person, I love the success of fixing things myself.

L
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 2:36:46 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Do you think I need to replace the fill hose?[/COLOR]
Since there was no scale on the fill valve's screen filter it should be OK. You could set the hose up as a U and then fill it with vinegar and let it sit overnight. That should get rid of any lime scale.

[COLOR="DarkRed"] I still have the old dishwasher, any problem if I use that one?[/COLOR]
As long as the fittings are OK I see no problem doing this.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I have a few other questions, how do I remove the big screen at the bottom of the washer[/COLOR]
The manual I included should show this.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I'm going to check all the spray arm connections but is there anything else?[/COLOR]
Cleaning out the pump may get rid of the noise.
BikerWoman  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:25:30 AM(UTC)
BikerWoman

Thanks again Denman -- I'll do those things and let you know how it turns out.

Again, I cannot thank you enough!!!!!
L
BikerWoman  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 11:06:47 AM(UTC)
BikerWoman

Well Denman,

I finally got around to cleaning the pump and associated parts -- YUCK!! There was old soap, string, hair, soft plastic (like saran wrap), the plastic devices that hold tags onto clothing and glass in the areas cleaned -- that was a terrific idea.

However, I still have the growling noise and it does not appear to have changed. I cannot ascertain from exactly where it is coming from. I did zip-tie down the middle spray are -- but it didn't help. Everything associated with the pump and filters was tightened down appropriately, any ideas on where to proceed to next for eliminating the growling noise?

I still have the old dishwasher (GE Pot Scrubber) and do not want to give it away until I make sure this one is sound. I also have yet to replace the fill valve. And I need to replace the two forward most stud rollers on the upper rack as the rack comes out of place every so often when pulled out all the way.

One more question -- the previous owners did not have the silverware holder and I am using the one from my old machine -- any thought about this being a problem?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!
Bikerwoman
denman  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:49:24 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="DarkRed"] I also have yet to replace the fill valve.[/COLOR]
If adding water to the unit does nothing then I would not replace the water valve as it will not do anything.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
the previous owners did not have the silverware holder and I am using the one from my old machine -- any thought about this being a problem?[/COLOR]
I doubt it but give it a try without the silverware holder in the unit.
BikerWoman  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 7:05:55 AM(UTC)
BikerWoman

Thanks again Denman,

I have successfully added water just after the fill cycle and it has taken care of the extra soap remaining in the dispenser problem hence you diagnosed the fill valve as faulty correctly -- to which I am very grateful.

Cleaning the pump and associated structures has done well to remove LOTS of debris however, I still have the 'growling' noise. Any idea where to look next? Running the dishwasher without the silverware container made no difference and I cannot seem to ascertain where the noise is coming from. Could it be in the door or somewhere else?

Thanks for all the expert help - you have saved me considerable money and helped me with my DIY project.

Bikerwoman
denman  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 7:41:12 AM(UTC)
denman

I would replace the fill valve and see what happens with the growling.

it is hard for me to help wothout actually being there to hear the noise and where it is coming from.
BikerWoman  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:08:37 AM(UTC)
BikerWoman

Thanks,

I will do that as long as you believe the growling noise is not anything major -- as I do not want to invest in the fill valve if I am going to trash the whole thing.

You're help is GREATLY Appreciated -- more than you will ever know.
Bikerwoman
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply