Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BikerWoman  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 7:13:22 AM(UTC)
BikerWoman

Groups: Registered

Well I don't understand, :mad: I replaced the fill valve along with the fill hose but still the soap will still not empty from the dispenser without my adding a quart of water to the dishwasher while running. The dispenser door opens, but soap remains. I previously cleaned the pump and associated structures.

The fill valve was new -- NOW :confused: what do I do?

Thanks for the help -- I am my wits end!!
Bikerwoman
denman  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 1:28:09 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am at a bit of a loss.

Your symptoms point to a low fill but the new fill valve did nothing.

I would undo the fill hose at the fill valve and run it into a pail just to be sure there is not a plumbing problem.
Perhaps with the shut off valve.

There should be loads of pressure from the fill hose.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
BikerWoman  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:46:23 AM(UTC)
BikerWoman

Groups: Registered

Denman,

I too am at a loss. I checked the pressure in the fill hose and it has great with the valve slightly open but tremendous pressure with the valve all the way open (the way it is when dishwasher is installed).

Obviously, the new fill valve is suspect. Is there a way I can check a fill valve or take apart the old one to see if it really was faulty? The only other thing I can think of, with my limited knowledge is regarding the timing for the fill valve. Is there a designated amount of time for the fill valve to function and could this time be retarded in some way? If so, how do I check it? Is there another timing check I can perform that maybe can measure the timing of other functions?

Please give my any feedback you may have. This problem is frustrating and I would like to get rid of my old dishwasher (GE Potscrubber) who's only problem was age.

Thank you again for your assistance, it is GREATLY appreciated!!
BikerWoman
denman  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:15:27 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Is there a way I can check a fill valve or take apart the old one to see if it really was faulty?[/COLOR]
Not really. The odds would be very slim against having 2 fill valves give the exact same problem.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]The only other thing I can think of, with my limited knowledge is regarding the timing for the fill valve. Is there a designated amount of time for the fill valve to function and could this time be retarded in some way?
If so, how do I check it? Is there another timing check I can perform that maybe can measure the timing of other functions?[/COLOR]
I do not have any info on what the timing should be on this unit.
GE likes to keep all tech info a secret.
I was able to find that a GE Profile unit fills for 90 seconds.
Also that a GE Potscubber fills for 60 to 42 seconds depending on cycle type.
I cannot find any info on a Triton and the above times just vary too much.

The fill time is controlled by the Control Module (Item 905 in Section 1) but I am reluctant to recommend you replace this without some indication that your fill time is too short.

You may want to start a new thread outlining what you have does so far and what questions you have.
With luck someone else will jump in with the needed info or more/better ideas of where your problem could be.

When it is busy on the forum other regular posters just do not have time to check all posts and often if they see another regular has answered they do not check the post.
So a new thread should get you some new input.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply