Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
colbran  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:02:45 AM(UTC)
colbran

Groups: Registered

Well, I'm going to start off by saying that I have no idea if I have the model number right or not. I have a side-by-side. There is a big tag on the back of the frig, biggest number says the above. There are other numbers on that same tag like SC22JL, 9008091989, P7808103W and 042159001668. There is a smaller tag way down towards the bottom of the frig that has IC4N for an ice maker replacement.

Moved into this house 8 years ago and frig was already here. It's old, almond in color, loud, etc. The ice maker has quit. I've had issues before where we could blow dry the one part and it would start right up again, but not this time. Here's the thing...it fills with water and after waiting the right amount of time for cubes to be made, if I give it some help (i.e. push on the fingers slightly), it will go through the process, throw out the ice and refill. The problem is, it won't keep doing that by itself.

I need some suggestions. I'm not really in the mood to buy a new frig just because the ice maker quit. Should I just replace the whole thing? HELP! Buying bags of ice at this point isn't working out really well!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 8:54:28 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: colbran Go to Quoted Post
Well, I'm going to start off by saying that I have no idea if I have the model number right or not. I have a side-by-side. There is a big tag on the back of the frig, biggest number says the above. There are other numbers on that same tag like SC22JL, 9008091989, P7808103W and 042159001668. There is a smaller tag way down towards the bottom of the frig that has IC4N for an ice maker replacement.

Moved into this house 8 years ago and frig was already here. It's old, almond in color, loud, etc. The ice maker has quit. I've had issues before where we could blow dry the one part and it would start right up again, but not this time. Here's the thing...it fills with water and after waiting the right amount of time for cubes to be made, if I give it some help (i.e. push on the fingers slightly), it will go through the process, throw out the ice and refill. The problem is, it won't keep doing that by itself.

I need some suggestions. I'm not really in the mood to buy a new frig just because the ice maker quit. Should I just replace the whole thing? HELP! Buying bags of ice at this point isn't working out really well!!!

Colbran,

You gave enough information to get through.

Your model number SC22J / Production number P116001W, will work for future referrence.

Based on your post,
I have to think, you'd have a bad mold heater, and or mold thermostat,

Were it me, I would replace the ice maker assembly IC4N.

Part number: AP4007582
Part number: AP4007582

I'd think you'd be happier with the results,

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
colbran  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:00:18 AM(UTC)
colbran

I see the link to the ice maker via your post. Will detailed instructions also be with this, or can you point me in the direction of those (i.e. give me a link)? Thanks so much for your help....this will be the second time I've used your "place" to order a part (it was my dryer before). I had 100% success with that and hope this will work too....I'll wait for your reply!
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 10:16:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I see the link to the ice maker via your post. Will detailed instructions also be with this, or can you point me in the direction of those (i.e. give me a link)? Thanks so much for your help....this will be the second time I've used your "place" to order a part (it was my dryer before). I had 100% success with that and hope this will work too....I'll wait for your reply!

Colbran,

The part I gave you should come with an instruction sheet,

It's pretty much, self explanatory,

Loosen the 2 top mount screws , remove the lower mount screw and un hinge (lift up and out) the icemaker.

Disconnect the wiring harness from the wall.

Reverse the procedure to install the new part.

The fill tube and valve(on the back of the machine) are pretty much the same.

Good Luck,

:cool: :cool: :cool:
colbran  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 10:20:32 AM(UTC)
colbran

:)I appreciate it!
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 10:38:00 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

:)I appreciate it!

Colbran,

You're very welcome,

I'm sure you can handle the change out, basic tools and a little time is all it takes.

There's a bunch of us here to help, if you need us.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply