Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dschimmel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:58:29 AM(UTC)
dschimmel

Groups: Registered

I have the replacement part AP2802340, which Bosch also called part 263088.

It did not come with instructions. Can you post a response with the exact directions I need to follow to take out the old detergent dispenser and install this new one?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Carson1214  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 4:31:50 PM(UTC)
Carson1214

This can be tricky with sharp edges and avoiding damage to the inner door.

Remove the outer door with a T-20 torx driver. Remove 2 long screws in the top corners then remove the 6 short screws (3 each side).
Close the door and slide the outer door down and out to remove. There are some plastic block that sit on the hinges that probably will fall off they just slide back one. There for shipping so they don't need to be replaced if you can't get them back on.

Now you can see the dispenser. It is held in by a series of tabs formed by the inner door pressed into stepped ridges on the dispenser. You need to bend these out and the dispenser will pop out the door into the unit.

Now the hard part is getting the new dispenser put back in. Slide the new one back into the opening from the inside of the unit. Bend the tabs back into the dispenser take care not to bend the door as you can get a leak around the dispenser seal.

Good luck.
lanman2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 11:16:21 AM(UTC)
lanman2

I just replaced the soap dispenser, thanks for the comments about those plastic blocks. I had no idea what they were for.

I would like to add that getting the dispenser out can be a little tricky. I used a few small flat headed screwdrives to act as a pry bar so the tabs wouldn't re-engage. Once you get the top undone, move to the bottom. If your door is closed, the dispenser will probably be hitting into the top cup drawer when it is completely free, so dont drive yourself crazy tyring to push in. Just open the door and it should fall in.
G4Monster  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 4:35:20 PM(UTC)
G4Monster

Thanks everyone for the help. I've successfully gotten the old dispenser out. I cannot get the new one in. The metal tabs are so far out and beyond the dispenser's ridged mounts I can't imagine "bending" the tabs without creasing them in the wrong place. Maybe I should just have the courage to bend them with pliers assuming I won't crease the metal. Any additional tips for "bending" the metal tabs under the ridged mounts would be very helpful.

Someone cautioned about the sharp edges. I have two fingers bandaged due to cutting them open on the metal tabs...
ks2009  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 2:16:44 PM(UTC)
ks2009

I ordered the replacement part thinking it would come with directions...hmm. Thanks to the combination of all your tips, I was able to successfully remove the broken one and install the new one in a matter of minutes. Thank for the tip around letting the old one "fall in" and I used tiny picture hanging nails as screwdrivers...worked like a charm...now to the thanksgiving dishes...I am especially grateful!
bdgrice  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 11:32:04 AM(UTC)
bdgrice

Originally Posted by: G4Monster Go to Quoted Post
Thanks everyone for the help. I've successfully gotten the old dispenser out. I cannot get the new one in. The metal tabs are so far out and beyond the dispenser's ridged mounts I can't imagine "bending" the tabs without creasing them in the wrong place. Maybe I should just have the courage to bend them with pliers assuming I won't crease the metal. Any additional tips for "bending" the metal tabs under the ridged mounts would be very helpful.

Someone cautioned about the sharp edges. I have two fingers bandaged due to cutting them open on the metal tabs...

I just replaced my soap dispenser on my wife's Bosch, and found that you do not want to bend the metal tabs too much, as they will not snap back properly when you install the new one. You want to very small nails to hold up the 4 tabs on top and bottom, then push the until inside, after loosening the plastic tubing connected on the right. The metal tabs on top are all part of one piece of metal, sort of spring loaded to snap into place tightly.

I also took out too many screws on the sides, you should leave in the two that hold the door latch assembly on top, sliding the front door panel down and out. Having the top fall down while you are working is a real pain, but not fatal if you have someone nearby to hand you a screw when you need it.

I also wore some thin cotton gloves to avoid cutting my fingers on the sharp metal. I figure i saved at least $150 in labor and service charges, maybe $200 in less than 20 minutes.

Thanks for all the help.:D
dawson312  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:41:03 PM(UTC)
dawson312

Hello,

I was in the process of removing the door shell of my Bosch SHE4AM02UC dishwasher, and although I was successful at removing the soap dispenser, I noticed when removing the door that a small white and blue strip fell out from somewhere. Does anyone know where this piece belongs? It wasn't really attached to anything, and certainly not glued in so it just fell out when the door came off.

The dishwasher appears to be working fine without any extra noise or anything even though I suspect this strip may be some sort of vibration dampener or something.

BTW, my soap dispenser wasn't opening intermittantly. I took the whole assembly out to take a look at it, but I decided to just remove the soap dispenser door (gently moved it to one side while aligned with the exit slots, and used a small screwdriver to gently pry out the guide tabs). There is a gasket in the door that appeared mineralized.

I suspect that the seal was failing thus allowing hot water to leak into the soap area making it into a glue-like slurry preventing the door from opening properly. I removed the gasket, soaked it in vinegar to try to loosen the mineralization, and basically rubbed off any remaining deposits.

After putting it back in, the unit seems to be functioning okay now, but I suspect this gasket will likely need replacement in the future. Does anyone know whether they sell this particular part or whether there is a gasket renewing oil or grease available?

Thanks.
diamondjim  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:30:57 PM(UTC)
diamondjim

I messed up big time. I am trying to replace a dispenser on a Bosch

First the dispenser: I was able to remove the old dispenser, but the new one will not snap in. I've tried every which way of getting it in and have pressed down VERY hard. But the plastic tabs on the dispenser are not going far enough in so that the metal tabs on the door will engage and lock the dispenser in. Any thoughts??

And here's where I messed up big: I removed too many screws and took off the ones that hold the hinges to the door. So the hinges have snapped up and door is no longer attached to them. The tension is too heavy for me to get them into a position to reattach.

Any help with both problems would be greatly appreciated.
diamondjim  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:35:19 PM(UTC)
diamondjim

Oh, and the model is SHV66A
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply