Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EDDEE  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:36:33 AM(UTC)
EDDEE

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
What is the difference between the actual and set temperatures?

Gene.

Similar problem. Oven worked fine for years and now it takes a while to light when turned on or will not relight after being on. I have changed the gas valve and thermostat already. This oven uses a hot surface igniter which is glowing bright as soon as I turn the oven on. You don't think its the hole thing?
Gene  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:01:51 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: EDDEE Go to Quoted Post
Similar problem. Oven worked fine for years and now it takes a while to light when turned on or will not relight after being on. I have changed the gas valve and thermostat already. This oven uses a hot surface igniter which is glowing bright as soon as I turn the oven on. You don't think its the hole thing?

Even if the igniter does glow it still can be bad if it's not draw enough current to open the gas valve. This is very common situation.

If you do need the correct part number for the oven igniter, post the complete model number of the oven.

Gene.
madmaxltd  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:03:13 AM(UTC)
madmaxltd

Another year went by after drilling the holes. It would try to light, but the burner would not fully ignite. I probed the gas inlet, where the burner connects, with a needle and now it works much better.
EDDEE  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 4:27:47 AM(UTC)
EDDEE

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Even if the igniter does glow it still can be bad if it's not draw enough current to open the gas valve. This is very common situation.

If you do need the correct part number for the oven igniter, post the complete model number of the oven.

Gene.

After reading a thread on how the gas valve control responds to the voltage reading generated from the ignitor it was clear that that was where the problem lay! I have already installed the new ignitor and we're good to go! thanks for the response.
Ed
#15 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2022 4:58:32 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am model 505m0bb1 and it’s doing the same thing 5 years old can you give me a part number