Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mgk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:50:39 AM(UTC)
mgk

Groups: Registered

Can you please send me drain pump remove/replace instructions for my BOSCH dishwasher model number SHU43C02UC/47? thanks, Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:52:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Mike,

The file with the instructions is attached to the reply.

- The drain pump Part number: AP2802385
Part number: AP2802385

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for BOSCH SHU43C02 UC/14 (FD 8211-) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Drain pump removal.doc (630kb) downloaded 590 time(s).
mgk  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:52:41 PM(UTC)
mgk

Gene,

Thanks for the information and diagrams. I read the instructions you sent me and removed the toe panel and but I do not see the pump terminal connections and latch pictured in the attachment. Some posts say this drain pump must be removed from the bottom of the unit by turning the unit upside down. Do I need to turn the unit upside down? There is very little room to remove it from the front of the unit (behind toe panel) with the unit installed under the countertop.

Mike
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:25:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Mike,

If you do not see how to remove it through this opening then the only solution is to remove the dishwasher from the cabinet and turn it on its side.

Gene.
Phil_Phil  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:22:37 PM(UTC)
Phil_Phil

Hi folks, I've got a problem with a 5-6 year old Bosch SHU66C06 dishwasher; ran great all these years. It now stops mid-cycle and leaves water in the bin. If I start it and use the Cancel/Drain function; it goes to 0 but it does not drain;

I'd like to pull and bench test the motor on its own but can't see an obvious way to pull it on this model without removing the base of the unit, which is spring loaded for door tension and I haven't committed to attempting to remove the base because I can't tell if my assumptions on spring load and removal / re-assembly are correct.

This drain motor is the model with the capacitor mounted to it. Not sure how to best test that as a whole unit, etc. I really do think we had a faint hot-motor smell a little while leading up to this, so it's my best guess.

I checked the document out which was posted with this thread, but it doesn't match the model I'm working with.

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Phil
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:47:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

Phil,

I don't think you have to remove the base of the dishwasher to access the drain pump. It should be accessible from the front of the dishwasher and you can use the instructions form the previous post.

You can check the motor for continuity or apply 120 VAC to the motor terminals (how it wired in in the dishwasher).

If the motor is good, then the problem is a bad control module.

- The drain motor Part number: AP2802385
Phil_Phil  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:04:25 PM(UTC)
Phil_Phil

Thanks, Gene. I will have another shot at it tomorrow. Also looks like I may be able to improve access from the side if needed.
Phil_Phil  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:17:25 AM(UTC)
Phil_Phil

Thanks to Gene for reinforcing the use of the same procedure he had documented earlier for removing the Bosch dishwasher drain pump.

My old pump tested bad - The first time I hit it with power I was disappointed to see it run. But testing a few more times I found usually when you apply power it hums but doesn't spin. A tap on the impeller gets it going but it's obviously week.

I got my new pump in hand yesterday evening and its running great.

I don't want to bore you and I don't know if they're all the same, but adding some comments about things I learned that would otherwise be obvious to an appliance pro;
In the case of model SHU66C06;
-After removing the forward facing kick plate, pull the water feed hose and the brass fitting it attaches to - this will give you a lot more room to work. -Then pull the screws from each end of a tin plate covers the bottom opening to the inside of the door panel when you look up from the bottom; this same plate folds 90 degrees downward about 1.5" and runs horizontally across the width of the appliance. With these screws out, it flops downward and opens the space enough to easily get the pump out and back in.
-When you have the new pump in hand make sure the o-ring is seated well and make sure the rotor face plate is securely snapped onto the stator housing and is flush all around; mine came out of the box with the rotor not clipped onto the housing. The magnets held it together tightly enough that if I hadn't had to seat the o-ring onto the housing I might not have noticed the rotor and impeller were loose.
-When you install the pump into the sump, make sure it is also flush and locked in with all clips. Mine snapped in and looked good from my vantage point but it wasn't seated right and water just poured out of the sump as the machine filled.

Thanks again.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:05:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Phil,

Just wanted to to say thank you for sharing your diagnosis and repair with us. Your post was very illuminating and instructive.

Thanks again and good luck with your dishwasher.

Happy Holidays!

Gene.
jamessalvia  
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:19:16 PM(UTC)
jamessalvia

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mike,

The file with the instructions is attached to the reply.

- The drain pump Part number: AP2802385

Gene in the attachment you say remove toe kick/base cover. Is that two pieces to remove (the black toe kick and the white front bar running along the bottom of the base)? I can see if you remove the latter which looks like it has the water supply brass bracket on it you would get a lot more room to manuever. What I'm asking is the toe kick/base cover one item or two?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply