Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wwhitlock  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:19:53 AM(UTC)
wwhitlock

Groups: Registered

I am having a problem with my side by side refrigerator. It is a Frigidaire Model #MRS26LGJ and the problem I am having is the refrigerator side doesn't cool constantly. The freezer side is operating fine but the fridge side temp goes from about 35 to almost 60 and this has been happening for the last month. I had a repair man come out and replace the defrost switch and it worked fine for a couple of days but has been acting up ever since. My husband has looked at the coils and they are not frozen up but when the temp reaches its highest there doesn't seem to be any air coming from the vent in the top rear of the fridge side and when the temp is closer to the 35 degree mark I can feel air coming from the vent.

Any and all suggestions welcome
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:35:07 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wwhitlock Go to Quoted Post
I am having a problem with my side by side refrigerator. It is a Frigidaire Model #MRS26LGJ and the problem I am having is the refrigerator side doesn't cool constantly. The freezer side is operating fine but the fridge side temp goes from about 35 to almost 60 and this has been happening for the last month. I had a repair man come out and replace the defrost switch and it worked fine for a couple of days but has been acting up ever since. My husband has looked at the coils and they are not frozen up but when the temp reaches its highest there doesn't seem to be any air coming from the vent in the top rear of the fridge side and when the temp is closer to the 35 degree mark I can feel air coming from the vent.

Any and all suggestions welcome

WW,

When it reches the highest temperature in the fresh food, check the freezer back wall for snow or ice, if that occurs, you still have a defrost problem.

If there's no snow or ice, I would have to think you've got a bad damper assembly, it sounds like it works backwards.

Part number: AP2110308
Part number: AP2110308

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply