Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2010 6:12:48 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: psmountain Go to Quoted Post
The new CCU is not clicking when it is plugged in, but there is 120v at the IF2 connector that goes to the CCU. I should have checked for the clicking before. What are the chances that the new CCU would be bad?

There is no display at all. I cannot get the diagnostic test to run because there is no response.
Thanks for the help.

PS,

I would think the likelyhood of a new "BAD" part would be relatively low,

I reccomend you do this 120 VAC check at the control board.

We Know you have voltage at the IF2 connection, So, the line filter and power to the unit is OK.

You want to remove the DS and DL connectors at the CCU, and plug the power cord into the outlet.

If the Board relay closes you should read 120 VAC across : DL3 pin 1 (L1)and DL3 pin 2(N).

You also need to check : DL3 pin 2(N) to DLS 5 pin 2(L1) for 120 VAC.

If you have no voltage at either check, one of your Board relays is not closing, and you need a new control board.

(You should also check your L1 Pins to chassis ground for VAC).

Good Luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
psmountain  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2010 5:51:07 PM(UTC)
psmountain

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
PS,

I would think the likelyhood of a new "BAD" part would be relatively low,

I reccomend you do this 120 VAC check at the control board.

We Know you have voltage at the IF2 connection, So, the line filter and power to the unit is OK.

You want to remove the DS and DL connectors at the CCU, and plug the power cord into the outlet.

If the Board relay closes you should read 120 VAC across : DL3 pin 1 (L1)and DL3 pin 2(N).

You also need to check : DL3 pin 2(N) to DLS 5 pin 2(L1) for 120 VAC.

If you have no voltage at either check, one of your Board relays is not closing, and you need a new control board.

(You should also check your L1 Pins to chassis ground for VAC).

Good Luck,

Again, thanks for the help. Just to make sure that I am doing it correctly: do I want to test the pins on the CCU (as opposed to the pins on the wires that connect to the CCU)? This is what I have assumed - even though I have tested both. I do not get 120 VAC at either test spot (DL3 or DLS5 above) nor at the L1 pins to ground chassis. I do have 120 VAC at the IF2 connection (tested at the wires going to the CCU in this case). Is it sufficient to have only the IF2 plugged in to the CCU when I tested the DL3 and DLS5 pins on the CCU for 120 VAC?
Joe / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 5:27:20 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: psmountain Go to Quoted Post
Again, thanks for the help. Just to make sure that I am doing it correctly: do I want to test the pins on the CCU (as opposed to the pins on the wires that connect to the CCU)? This is what I have assumed - even though I have tested both. I do not get 120 VAC at either test spot (DL3 or DLS5 above) nor at the L1 pins to ground chassis. I do have 120 VAC at the IF2 connection (tested at the wires going to the CCU in this case). Is it sufficient to have only the IF2 plugged in to the CCU when I tested the DL3 and DLS5 pins on the CCU for 120 VAC?

PS,

Looks and sounds like you've got a "BAD CCU" out of the box.

Sounds like you did do the voltage checks at the CCU connector pins correctly.

Since you had no voltage at any of the checks you made,

You'd have to have a bad CCU. The internal switches on your L1 and Neutral lines in the board are not closing and supplying the voltage to the board components.