Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bmmiller139  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 2:05:55 PM(UTC)
bmmiller139

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher has worked very well until recently. Of course 1 month out of warranty and things start acting up. Sometimes the dishes do not get clean especially those with pasta sauce. I have gone through looking at the sump and making sure the arms are clean. Next step is to check the inlet valve. My question is I cannot find this model number's parts here on appliancepartspro.com? Anyone know of a similar model?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 3:59:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You may want to check the chopper (#6 on the diagram) first. You can find more useful information in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...hirlpool-dishwasher.html

Gene.
bmmiller139  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 5:09:35 PM(UTC)
bmmiller139

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You may want to check the chopper (#6 on the diagram) first. You can find more useful information in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...hirlpool-dishwasher.html

Gene.

I did not take apart the chopper cover prior to posting my message. Instead I had just cleaned under the accumulator assembly.

But following your advice, I did figure out how to get the chopper cover off and found a few seeds in there and some plastic "wrap" too. The chopper appears intact and does not turn freely so I assume that it is attached to the motor and is functioning correctly. Also checked the flapper valve and it appears intact.

So I will run a load tonight and see if cleaning the chopper makes the difference.

Also thanks for pointing me to the parts list for the Whirlpool GU2300XTKB0 which is nearly identical.
bmmiller139  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 1:34:52 PM(UTC)
bmmiller139

I took the chopper out and found 1/2 of a pop tab behind it. Thought that would take care of the problem, but still having small bits of food left on the dishes.

I am going to try the "Tang" solution next.

What else could it be? Either not enough water is getting to the dishes OR the heating element is not getting hot enough?
bmmiller139  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 4:15:22 PM(UTC)
bmmiller139

It was indeed the chopper that was the source of the problem. This advice was given in an earlier post.

You may need to remove the chopper in case there is something lodged beneath it. In my case, it was some type of aluminum snaptop.

The trick and I mean trick is to get the chopper back into its "groove" properly. It took me probably 20 tries before I got it reinstalled.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 1:56:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm glad you were able to fix it. Thank you for sharing your repair with us.

Gene.