Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billkenny  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:06:04 PM(UTC)
billkenny

Groups: Registered

I am following up my post with the correct model# for my GE Fridge. I incorrectly stated that the model# was Cts201cncww, it is Gts201cncww
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:39:38 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the air tower in freezer, slide air tower up and off, remove foam air divertor by pulling up, if it's frozen don't force it or it will break...remove the screws in the top left and right of back panel. now remove the 2 screws in the center and pull the back panel off and remove from freezer. below the evap in the center is your drain hole, use a turkey baster and hot water to clear the hole, it may take a while. You'll know when the drain is unclogged
billkenny  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:31:05 PM(UTC)
billkenny

Thanks for your quick reply but the problem is that I don't see any screws at the bottom of the air tower. In fact I don't see any screws on the back panel of the freezer at all. Does the back panel pop out somehow? This is getting to be a real quandry. again the model# is Gts201cncww. thanks for any further help you can give me.
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:46:22 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

If I'm looking at the diagram correctly, the drain is at the back of the refer, look back there, looks like there is a tube and grommet assy back there. let me know
billkenny  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 2:55:51 PM(UTC)
billkenny

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
If I'm looking at the diagram correctly, the drain is at the back of the refer, look back there, looks like there is a tube and grommet assy back there. let me know

There is a cover inside the refridgerator compartment that attaches to the bottom of the freezer compartment. The ref temp control is toward the front of this cover. On the back of the exterior there is nothing up high, but at the bottom there is drain tube and pan underneath where the compressor is located.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:45:10 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
billkenny,

You have to remove the evaporator cover in the freezer, not in the refrigerator. The drain hole is located under the evaporator coil.

I would recommend to use a hair dryer to defrost the drain first and then you can use a turkey baster and hot water to clear the drain as recommended by abadfish66.

Gene.
billkenny  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 8:29:44 AM(UTC)
billkenny

Hi Gene
Thanks for your reply to my problem of the clogged defrost drain. My quandry is that there ar no visible screws in the freezer compartment. So, how do I get at the defrost drain
Gene  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 3:45:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There should be something holding the panel in place. We are not able to give you more accurate information without seeing the fridge.

Gene.
bohawk  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2010 10:24:27 PM(UTC)
bohawk

Not to dig up an old thread, but I thought this info might be useful. To get to the drain you have to take out the ice maker, back off the 2 screws and lift the assembly off then unplug the electrical connector. Then pop off the plastic button to expose a screw, remove it and that plate should pop right off. The whole back panel (which just clips in) pops off from the top side first exposing the drain, in my case was a solid block of ice, the drain will be in there somewhere.
bc-sf-arch  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2010 2:36:35 PM(UTC)
bc-sf-arch

Originally Posted by: bohawk Go to Quoted Post
Not to dig up an old thread, but I thought this info might be useful. To get to the drain you have to take out the ice maker, back off the 2 screws and lift the assembly off then unplug the electrical connector. Then pop off the plastic button to expose a screw, remove it and that plate should pop right off. The whole back panel (which just clips in) pops off from the top side first exposing the drain, in my case was a solid block of ice, the drain will be in there somewhere.

bohawk: Just a quick note to thank you for refreshing that old thread. Got stuck right at the step where you identified how to remove the fascia (GE GTS201 refrigerator). Got it off and was able to find the drain and defrost it. Many, many thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply