Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
10lilSarahs  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:47:01 AM(UTC)
10lilSarahs

Groups: Registered

We had the same problem with a similar fridge, and no clue what to do. This info saved a lot of headache, thanks so much!:D
loritrommer@yahoo.com  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2016 3:54:45 PM(UTC)
loritrommer@yahoo.com

Originally Posted by: bc-sf-arch Go to Quoted Post
bohawk: Just a quick note to thank you for refreshing that old thread. Got stuck right at the step where you identified how to remove the fascia (GE GTS201 refrigerator). Got it off and was able to find the drain and defrost it. Many, many thanks.

here it is... YEARS later, i found this post for the GTS20ICNCCC to help with my freezer drain! I just wanted to express my gratitude! I would not have been able to do it on my own without you guys! Thank you so much! Sincerely, Lori.
leeloo67  
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 10:15:42 AM(UTC)
leeloo67

I have this same fridge with no apparent screws in the back. Thanks for the tip on the hidden location of the ONE screw behind the ice maker! However, I've still got an issue. My drain was a solid block of ice, took an hour with alternating hair dryer and hot water to finally break it loose. About 15 minutes before it finally thawed through the ice blockage, MORE water started running into the fridge. It is as if the drain tube is cracked. The effect is, my drain is now unplugged, completely clear but water is still running into the fridge! There is water coming out the drain tube AND also draining into the fridge. As far as I can tell the drain tube is actually rubber and is flexible. Perhaps the rubber got old and couldn't take the expansion of the ice...
Gene  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 11:52:37 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
leeloo67,

It was at least two different models discussed in this thread. Please, post the complete model number of your refrigerator.
leeloo67  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:51:31 PM(UTC)
leeloo67

Model is ge gts201cncww.

It has been a couple of days now and the continuing water is extremely puzzling.

My best guess at the time of initial repair attempt a few days ago was that the top of the drain pipe had a crack in it. As best I can tell there is no serviceable way to access this drain pipe in order to repair or replace. My idea was to insert a rubber or plastic tube down the top of the drain to "seal" any leaks. So I took the inside rear of the freezer off again and to my surprise, at that particular moment - despite water actively dripping down into the fridge from somewhere - there was no water going down the top of the defrost drain tube at that moment!

So at this point I surmised there must be built up ice somewhere that is slowly melting. I followed the dripping water up the back of the fridge, along the center shelf bracket. There is a thin stream/drip coming right down the center of the bracket. It seems to be coming out of the very top screw.

Over the ensuing days the water seems to have slowed and volume decreased. For example over the past eight hours there has been not a single drop. Then I heard a "CRACK" sound from the fridge and there's an active stream of water coming out of that bracket screw! Not as much water as before, but I could see a puddle forming.

I pulled the fridge out and the defrost drain tube is still clear, there is water still coming down the tube. Oh and I've also shut off the ice maker and the water supply just to rule that out.

Usually google will turn up some ideas but there is literally nothing out there regarding a persistent drip AFTER clearing the drain tube. Everything points to a plugged drain tube but it is not. I can pour water down and it flows out the bottom just fine. And yet there is still water dripping into the fridge. Very puzzling. I'm sticking with the ice block theory for a few more days. Then may have to just get a new fridge. I have to move on with my life at some point!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply