Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Everett Kaiser  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:29:46 AM(UTC)
Everett Kaiser

Groups: Registered

The Ice maker is not filling with water. I recently purchased the Water inlet valve assembly fro Applicance PartsPros. It did not resolve the problem. The water dispenser is working fine. What should i be looking at to replace? is there a relay in the ice maker or somewhere else? Please let me know, thanks...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:24:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Everett,

Make sure the water feeding tube into the ice maker is not frozen. If it is, defrost it with a hair dryer.

Open the freezer door. Close the flapper door on the left side and watch the status LED on the right side. Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSRG25FKSS16 Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Everett Kaiser  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 11:24:45 AM(UTC)
Everett Kaiser

Groups: Registered

thanks for the information Gene. We defrosted the whole refrigerator this past week end and the ice maker is still not working. Like I said before we have replaced the water inlet valve and the red light on the inside is working when you open and close the little flapper. So the next item that i need to look at replacing would be what? I was looking under the Unit parts and see two things, the run capacitator and the relay start. do these have anything to do with the ice maker working properly? Again thanks for you time....
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:01:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Everett Kaiser Go to Quoted Post
...I was looking under the Unit parts and see two things, the run capacitator and the relay start. do these have anything to do with the ice maker working properly?...

Sorry for the delay.

No, these parts are for the compressor and have nothing to do with the ice maker.

Sounds like the ice maker itself is the culprit.

- The ice maker Part number: AP3182733
Part number: AP3182733

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply