Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fklentz  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2007 5:00:24 PM(UTC)
fklentz

Groups: Registered

I checked the line fuse, ok. I know there is another thremal fuse in there somewhere. Where do I look and where do I get the part.

The microwave is an over the range type, my mother said she was baking in the oven and noticed it was getting the microwave hot so she tried to turn on the vent fan in the micro and found no power.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:23:35 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
A thermal fuse should not kill power to the entire microwave. Make sure the wall socket has 110 volts, try using a different one. Post back...
fklentz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 5:02:57 PM(UTC)
fklentz

The outlet has power, this is the second time this has happened. Last year I replaced the microwave with a brand new one and now the same exact symptoms as the last time.
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 7:13:59 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

So you're saying the fuse checks out ok and the outlet has 110 volts, but the microwave is completely dead? There is a wiring diagram inside the microwave. Post it here if you have a scanner or fax it to me at 626-609-2250 and I'll take a look.
fklentz  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2007 6:37:57 PM(UTC)
fklentz

I can't find the schematic. Today I did some power tracing, I've got power comming into the unit. I traced it to some sort of relay at the base just below the toutch panel, it's good. From there I traced it back up to a transformer which I found is not working, from there I further traced power to some type of switch that is I believe there for thermal protection of the unit, the switch is open and power stops there. The switch is on the top left side of the oven, there is a small hole in the oven that the switch covers.

This is not a counter top oven but an over the range type with exhaust vent so I'm sure it needs this type of protection.

Looking at the expolded diagram on one of the similar models it identifies it as part # 61 thermostat, another similar model it's a flame sensor, mine looks like the flame sensor. Is the thermostat a safety device?
Cheetham  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 6:43:04 AM(UTC)
Cheetham

I have the same problem for the second time. GE came right away to fix it. There is a thermostat (fuse) where you said. The repair man left me the old fuse and I cannot find the PN on the web yet. The Package is marked GE "W327X10195 THERMOSTAT MALAYSIA NG1". ALSO "GEAPPLIANCES.COM". He said it happens when people use it as a timer and set it to cook instead. The whole unit overheats and the fuse blows. There's no reset. You have to replace the fuse. He couldn't give any extras.
Let me know if you can find a better source.
Admin / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 1:16:52 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

#61 thermostat works as a thermal cut-off (sort of like a fuse). Cheetham is talking about the same exact component. If it's open, it's bad. Sounds like you found the source of the problem.

- Replacement thermostat (click to see photos and place order if needed)
Cheetham  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 1:25:04 PM(UTC)
Cheetham

That looks exactly like it. How do we find out the electrical characteristics?
Is there the same part offered at the electronic places like Newark Electronics, Mouser, etc?
Admin / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 1:33:29 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

There is no information available for it other than what's on the part itself. I know this little thing should not cost $24 (GE charges $26.75 by the way) but that's GE for you. Sorry.
Cheetham  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 6:17:01 PM(UTC)
Cheetham

Thanks a lot.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply