Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stef  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:22:38 PM(UTC)
Stef

Groups: Registered

I have a problem with water accumulating under the vegetable bins of my fridge and I was told "to remove the back wall of the freezer, and locate the drain directly below the center of evaperator, get some real hot water and a turkey baster and start flushing the hot water down the drain...". However I do not see any skrews on the back wall of the freezer. Can someone give me more details. Also, do I need to unplug the fridge before doing any of this? I have read of few threads on this subject which also say to just defrost the freezer because the drain could just be frozen. Anyone? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:11:11 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

Originally Posted by: Stef Go to Quoted Post
I have a problem with water accumulating under the vegetable bins of my fridge and I was told "to remove the back wall of the freezer, and locate the drain directly below the center of evaperator, get some real hot water and a turkey baster and start flushing the hot water down the drain...". However I do not see any skrews on the back wall of the freezer. Can someone give me more details. Also, do I need to unplug the fridge before doing any of this? I have read of few threads on this subject which also say to just defrost the freezer because the drain could just be frozen. Anyone? Thanks!

This may sound odd, but it should work on your model, and this only works on SOME side by side model GEs. open the freezer door, and remove the bottom basket, if you see a roughly 1" diameter hole, keep reading. take a glass of hot tap water, pour some of it into the drain, until the water backs up to the top. Now take your index finger, stick it into the drain, and pull the finger, not the drain, out. YOu may need to try this a couple of times, keep testing by pouring water down. when the water does go down, your good to go.

If you dont have this type of drain, you may want to call a refrigerator repair service, and have them deal with this very common problem for you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply