Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LucasN  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:45:07 AM(UTC)
LucasN

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool washer Model # lsr5232lq0,

Just recently the washer, Through the entire spin cycle, started makeing a very loud and rythmic clunking noise, and everytime it does this the washer itself jerks somewhat violently. It also has a very easy to stop spin, If I let it start up with nothing in it The drum will get to full speed But just my finger On the side of the basket can bring it to a stop. The washer still works fine everywhere else, It fills and drains fine, and the aggitation works well I cannot stop it :-)

I took the washer apart and checked a few things, the coupler is still Intact, And the noise almost seems to be coming from the clutch, But I can't make out what would be causing it.

Any help would be apprieciated, I am hoping I get away with just changing a clutch or something to that effect
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

LucasN  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:42:22 AM(UTC)
LucasN

Okay after reading richappys sticky on brake shoes I tryed a few other things. I took just the pump and motor off and tryed spinning the tranny by hand... It does spin but I have to give it some effort after about 4-5 rotations it starts slipping? meaning it takes no pressure to spin and the drum stops moving, It does the for maybe 3-4 rotations of the tranny then clicks back in and drum wants to move again but is VERY hard to turn for a rotation or two.

Am I looking at a brake problem or a clutch problem or both? or is it something else entirely LOL I canot make it make the noise While I am turning it But I assume thats becuase I am not doing it fast enough. Possibly where it slips when that is moving faster I am hearing the brakes lock in?

PLease please give me any insight before I go spending money on parts :)
LucasN  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 4:04:55 PM(UTC)
LucasN

No thoughts?

I know there's gotta be some good guess at least LOL :P

At a complete loss on what this could be really needin some help!
LucasN  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:15:01 PM(UTC)
LucasN

Well we think we figured out the problem :-) we finally opened up the transmission after more trial and error on the other pieces and the main spinning gear was eatin up really badly, So it looks like a new gear for me !