Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cwill22  
#41 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 4:26:34 PM(UTC)
cwill22

Groups: Registered

Looking at GE's Parts website, the GE part you need is WH08X10036. This is the same part I used. I do not know if the Appliance Parts # you mentioned is equivalent to this GE part or not.
Gene  
#42 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 8:00:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
GE part number WH08X10036 is APP part number AP4334050 and this is exactly the same part.

Gene.
andrewf9  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 2:01:52 PM(UTC)
andrewf9

Gene or other experts,

i have to do the same repair on a Bosch washer. I assume it is similar in that it is fastened from inside. Any idea if the repair is similar. there are no successful post for the Bosch model on this site.
Gene  
#44 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 7:44:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Quote:
...there are no successful post for the Bosch model on this site...

Unfortunately there is not much online technical information available for Bosch appliances, especially for washers and dryers.

Gene.
andrewf9  
#45 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 7:52:37 PM(UTC)
andrewf9

i actually figured it out and posted on a thread that can be found if you search - Bosch Front Loading Washers and then look for the one about repairing the gasket/boot.
rmatthews  
#46 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 7:06:05 AM(UTC)
rmatthews

OK after reading all the threads concerning the gasket boot issues. The boot on 1 yr old GE front load washer had a small tear in lower front. Instead of replacing the boot I tried some waterproof silocone sealant to withstand 390 degrees I purchased from Lowes. I applied some to the underside of the boot and inside the boot. I let it set for 3-4 days. Wallah it worked,...except there is a dribble of water leaking from the lower portion of the door. The patch repair is dry and not leaking at all.
The lower frame of the washer has a spot of rust that looks like has been there for some time. Any help??
revrider1  
#47 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2009 1:22:55 PM(UTC)
revrider1

Thank you for the advice, Gene!
Mr. Beach  
#48 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:35:33 AM(UTC)
Mr. Beach

I have a GE Front Load Washer and I'm having trouble installing the new boot, seems like a bit of a tough task. Any hints, tips, etc.?
revrider1  
#49 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2010 8:05:37 PM(UTC)
revrider1

I've only done mine 1 time and it wasn't too bad. Make sure on the tub side of the boot that you pick the right groove. For a minute I thought the boot was a bit too big then I discovered that it wasn't in the right groove. I didn't have it on the tub far enough. Hope this makes sense. Boot has drain holes in it so they need to be on the bottom. What are you having trouble with or are you just getting info beforehand? thanks and glad to help, Rev
FerociousGE  
#50 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:35:37 PM(UTC)
FerociousGE

Thanks ksisco, this worked out great. Having such a hardtime putting the seal on I took off the TOP, CONTROL PANEL, FRONT and the BOTTOM and since you have removed the front BOTTOM cover go ahead and clean out the "CLEAN PUMP FILTER". Search youtube for "Front Load Washer Troubleshooting - Clean Pump Filter" video.

GE Model: WCVH6260FWW

Originally Posted by: ksisco Go to Quoted Post
After reading the posts about the common man replacing the gasket I felt I could do it. After removing the old and about 20 min into putting in the old, I gave up. I dont know how you can get that gasket on with the front of the machine on, so I took the entire front of my machine off as well as the top. It took about 5 min and Within 10 min I had the gasket on with the help of my wife's hands to hold the top portion after I got it started. **NOTE: when you take your control panel off and unplug the 9 number plugs, number them so there is no mistake to where they go when its time to reinstall it. Then I put the front and top back on and the front portion of the gasket was pretty easy too. Dont pay $125 + for someone to replace this.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply