Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
washertrouble  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 5:59:18 PM(UTC)
washertrouble

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the posts- it gave us the guts to try. We did find taking the front panel off definitely helps. We have no real experience but do have common sense. The hardest part was loosening the screw that holds the inner spring because of the close quarters. When putting it back on, we positioned it with a little more space to reach the head of the screw- we still had to use a very small screwdriver. Overall I think it would only take about 45 minutes if we worked straight though. With a little more experience, it would even take less.
stolusky  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 11:06:40 AM(UTC)
stolusky

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
ok good, next you need to remove the bottom access cover, 3 screws. It will come right off. Now over on the right side of the boot is a screw that you need to loosen to be able to remove the boot. 2 ways to do this part. either loosen it and remove the band around the boot, or get a screwdriver and pry it off the boot...let me know when you get the boot off of the tub. You will need something long to get a phillips bit up there to the screw.

Hello,

I ordered a part for my washer and the new part is wh08x10036 (it does not look llike the old part for my 3 year old washer). Apparently I have the same model as everyone else. WHDVH626fww. The new boot that I received from Appliance Pros is a thicker, darker boot. It has a rubber gripper part on the inside top right (that the old one did not have). I called and they said its the replacement part. I can move get it almost on, except for the bottom, where I cant get it onto the tub.

Do you know how I could get the older, original part? The new one is re-inforced on the tub part and not as flexible as the old one.

Regards,

Todd Stolusky
stolusky  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 11:09:55 AM(UTC)
stolusky

Originally Posted by: washertrouble Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the posts- it gave us the guts to try. We did find taking the front panel off definitely helps. We have no real experience but do have common sense. The hardest part was loosening the screw that holds the inner spring because of the close quarters. When putting it back on, we positioned it with a little more space to reach the head of the screw- we still had to use a very small screwdriver. Overall I think it would only take about 45 minutes if we worked straight though. With a little more experience, it would even take less.

Did the new boot that you got look like the old one? The one that I recieved did not. They say that it is the replacement of the older one. But, it sure doesnt seem to fit. I hate to pay someone $130 to come out and put it on. (Even though I know it should take them less than 30 minutes) The said the pricing guide is 2 hours at $65 an hour.

Thanks,

Todd Stolusky
Egyud  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:55:45 PM(UTC)
Egyud

Originally Posted by: bluffing024 Go to Quoted Post
The part I am refering to is the front clamp with the spring on it. Where exactly does that seat back in to "hold" it onto the front of the machine

I'm having the same problem. My machine is a WBVH6240FWW. My gasket isn't ripped. It just seems to have come off the lip of the front of the machine, so water leaks out. I took a peek under the lip and found this loose clamp wire that hooks together with a spring. The one that has been described in this topic earlier has a screw connecting it.
imapepper  
#35 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 9:52:43 AM(UTC)
imapepper

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You can find the instructions attached to the reply.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE WHDVH626F0WW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck.

Gene,
Thank you for those documents. The Front Panel Doc refers to three other documents (Control Panel, Service Panel, and Door Lock). Is it possible for you to post those as well. Thank you so much.
Gene  
#36 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 2:22:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: imapepper Go to Quoted Post
Gene,
Thank you for those documents. The Front Panel Doc refers to three other documents (Control Panel, Service Panel, and Door Lock). Is it possible for you to post those as well. Thank you so much.

You got it.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Control panel removal.doc (313kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
Door lock removal.doc (272kb) downloaded 86 time(s).
Service panel removal.doc (74kb) downloaded 79 time(s).
cwill22  
#37 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2009 5:56:55 PM(UTC)
cwill22

so what is the secret to getting the new gasket on? I'm having a problem getting the new gasket on, not exactly sure how it is suppose to sit with the inner spring.
cwill22  
#38 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2009 6:23:37 PM(UTC)
cwill22

Finally got the new gasket on. Took a while to stretch it on and get it over the lip. But I'm definitely glad I tried it myself, and didn't pay the $340 the repair shop wanted. Couldn't have done it without this thread and the great documents provided by Gene. Thanks!
reggier  
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:05:25 PM(UTC)
reggier

Thanks to the users of this forum and the documentation. I was able to replace the front door gasket with minimal effort. It was very nice to have all the docs to know how to remove and reinstall the top, control panel, access panel, front cover, and gasket.

I would also like to give thanks to the website for having the part I needed, in stock, and at a great price!!
tzelle  
#40 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:21:26 PM(UTC)
tzelle

Hi,

Will these instructions work for my washer WBVH5100H0WW? I looked at the site and it is telling me that the replacement gasket is part AP4334050. Can you please confirm? I just discovered a huge rip. I feel ripped off! I guess I am quite lucky - my washer is 2 yrs old.

Thank you for all the responses to this thread. I feel like I can do it even if I am a novice (with lots of guts!)

Thanks again!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply