Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulgdav  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:23:18 AM(UTC)
paulgdav

Groups: Registered

Thanks guys
I hope that I find time to get back to the washing machine tomorrow. I have a zillion things to do here in the jungle. I will let you know what I find. I am wondering if a rat ate a wire in two. I will check more closely now that I kind of know what to look for. I do have yet another new timer. If all else fails I will try that one but I think it would be odd also if it was the timer.
paulgdav  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 11:16:54 AM(UTC)
paulgdav

I got the chance to look at the machine again today. I traced the wires from the water solinoid to the timer. Everything looks really good. I thought that I might find a bad connector or more likely a wire chewed in two. So I got out my tester and started checking things out and frankly I got lost. I am not sure what is suppose to be charged or what is not. So then I did find yet another new timer for that model and installed that. Same results exactly. Stops on the rinse cycle. You are probably correct that it is waiting for the tub to fill again. I think what I need is a schematic for the rinse cycle so I know where I am suppose to find voltage and where not to.
Is there a site that I can go to to find a model specific schematic. I looked all over the machine and could not find one.
sidfink43  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 12:55:29 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Here is a service manual, with a schematic wiring diagram for your model on page 5-30.

http://www.servicematters.com/m...6010373%20(16001145).pdf

The rinse fill circuit is different from the wash fill circuit, and it looks like things go through the water temp switch so I suggest you check for continuity between the timer and the water temp switch and the timer and the fill level switch. I think the problem is in your console wiring.

You can also use the diagram to see how the contacts in the timer should be set for the rinse cycle.
paulgdav  
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 3:58:23 AM(UTC)
paulgdav

Finally, I have it running correctly. The schematic helped out a lot. I made a incorrect assumetion. Here is the bad news, I was told that the rinse cycle did not work on the machine, which it did not. What she failed to communicate to me was that it has never worked since she moved in 3 years ago. I have only been here a year. Once that was established I started to look at the instillation of the machine. What I found was that the only supply line was hooked up to the hot water side of the machine. The cold side had a hose hooked to it with a 10 franc coin plugging the hose. I still have no idea why the machine would fill on the wash cycle with it set on cold, since there was no supply to the cold. I figured that out after running through the schematic tracing down all of the connections from the timer to the coil on the cold water inlet. That is when it dawned on me that the hose was hooked up to the hot. So I switched the hose to the cold inlet and it would fill on the rinse cycle but not the wash cycle. so I changed ot the water solinoid valve and everything works. It helps to know the history. You guys are great. thanks for all of your help.

paul