Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lmm  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 2:36:35 PM(UTC)
lmm

Groups: Registered

I was able to get GE to send me the new mother board free of charge and without having there service guy come out to ck .
it started by getting the run around through GE customer service they told me the part would be covered for $100.00 bucks but i would have to pay for there tech to verify it was the mother board . i told her no way I'm paying for a service call to have there tech come and tell me what i already knew and that if they had to send him if it was the MB then i would not pay . so after going around on the phone i told them first thing i was going to do was make a complaint to the consumers protection agency and then start a class action suit as it was a known fact that they have had major problems with this MB she still refused so took it one step further and told her to give me her boss on the phone as she did not have authority to do anything but answer the phone after being on hold for 10 mins she came back and said she talked to her supervisor and they agreed to send me the MB free of charge and free shipping .

moral of the story do not take crap from the person who answers the phone and request to talk to someone who is able to make decisions and be very demanding and do not take no for an answer
Of course i all ready ordered the MB and condenser fan motor from appliance parts so now i will have a spare to use the next time around witch will most likly be between 3 to 5 yrs
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 3:01:26 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would also add a 1000 joule surge protector to the wall outlet. Make sure it is designed for a refrigerator, will say on the box.
lmm  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 4:29:00 PM(UTC)
lmm

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
I would also add a 1000 joule surge protector to the wall outlet. Make sure it is designed for a refrigerator, will say on the box.

I'm sure thats a good idea and will look into it . GE needs to get there act together and i will never buy another ge product again . however i'm sure all brands are no better . the statement that they don't make them like they used to is so true now days . they think computer controls and all the gagets are so much better but are prone to early falure
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 6:56:20 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Whenever a evaporator or condenser fan motor fails it blows out the motherboard, GE designed it this way.
lmm  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 7:53:21 AM(UTC)
lmm

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Whenever a evaporator or condenser fan motor fails it blows out the motherboard, GE designed it this way.

there is nothing wrong with the condenser fan it's the mother board that caused all the problems . There is no reason for things like this to happen after only 4.5 years i have friends that have ref's that are over 40 years old and still runn. the crap there putting out today is designed to fail so they can make more money and no other reason plus the fact they use Computer boards that are not cooled and seal in a compartment that will cause early failure . Again this is the last ge product i will buy
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply