Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Single Mom  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 12:01:18 PM(UTC)
Single Mom

Groups: Registered

:eek: I have recieved some good information on here however, I am still not sure if I have properly found my problem. Nothing happens when I push in my dryer switch. There is no light on in my dryer. My circuit breaker is on and dryer is plugged up. I have used a meter to check some round looking things on the back side of the dryer. The meter seems to move close to zero on everything. I have jumped one ceramic looking dokickey near the dryer exhaust and nothing happened..i also jumped one of the round looking things that had a burned mark on it. Nothing happened. I have noticed no reading on the ohm setting when I put leads on either side on the my push in on-off switch. The switch is incased in a plastic, so i just put the lead on first and last connector. Is this my problem??? Is there a way of making sure it is my problem? I think I found enough coins in the back of my dryer to buy a new switch. How does all that stuff get back there?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sammyjk1  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:43:18 PM(UTC)
sammyjk1

Are you taking at least on lead off of the componets you are checking? One lead needs to be off to check continuity. Also, make sure you have the power off to make these test. You can damage your meter otherwise. I might suggest you go to " ************.com ". I have had good luck with them.
sammyjk1  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:49:45 PM(UTC)
sammyjk1

Originally Posted by: Single Mom Go to Quoted Post
:eek: I have recieved some good information on here however, I am still not sure if I have properly found my problem. Nothing happens when I push in my dryer switch. There is no light on in my dryer. My circuit breaker is on and dryer is plugged up. I have used a meter to check some round looking things on the back side of the dryer. The meter seems to move close to zero on everything. I have jumped one ceramic looking dokickey near the dryer exhaust and nothing happened..i also jumped one of the round looking things that had a burned mark on it. Nothing happened. I have noticed no reading on the ohm setting when I put leads on either side on the my push in on-off switch. The switch is incased in a plastic, so i just put the lead on first and last connector. Is this my problem??? Is there a way of making sure it is my problem? I think I found enough coins in the back of my dryer to buy a new switch. How does all that stuff get back there?

http://www.************.com/
Single Mom  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:52:49 PM(UTC)
Single Mom

Ive taken both leads off to check items on the back of the dryer. I followed the information given about continuity that i had found on this site.
Single Mom  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:59:28 PM(UTC)
Single Mom

Ive learned to respect electricity.......so I always turn off the breaker before I start messing with it.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 11:57:00 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Single Mom,

Most likely the problem with your dryer caused by the broken door switch or the door switch actuator.

The door switch actuator

UserPostedImage

You can buy the kit which included the door switch and the actuator or just the actuator.

- The part number for the door switch kit is AP3094142

- The part number for the door switch actuator is AP3130517

Gene.
Single Mom  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:27:46 AM(UTC)
Single Mom

My door switch has 3 leads on it. Blue red and white. Which ones to I connect to jump the switch it see if it is bad?
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:34:53 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Single Mom,

There are three terminals on the switch and they are marked: COM, NO and NC. You should bypass the terminals marked COM and NO.

Gene.
Single Mom  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:52:39 AM(UTC)
Single Mom

Gene could you be more specific. I see all those markings on the switch. But now I dont know what wires to put back where, or if i just connect 2 wires together. If you could tell me exactly what to do I would appreciate it. Thank you so much for your reply.
Gene  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:00:12 AM(UTC)
Gene

Unfortunately I can not tell by the wires color how they should be connected to the door switch and there is no way I can find the wiring diagram for this dryer.

You should draw a picture before removing the wires.

If you do have the wiring diagram and you can post it - it may help.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply