Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stewmcd  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 11:43:25 AM(UTC)
stewmcd

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am trying to install a new switch, part number 12002125.The old switch does not match this one,it is identified on its side with TUDP 411.How does the old wiring layout relate to the new switch posts ?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tomjust  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2009 6:57:12 PM(UTC)
tomjust

Originally Posted by: stewmcd Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I am trying to install a new switch, part number 12002125.The old switch does not match this one,it is identified on its side with TUDP 411.How does the old wiring layout relate to the new switch posts ?

I have the exact same situation. Looking for info on which wires go to where....
joulupukki  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 4:58:06 PM(UTC)
joulupukki

I connected the 12002125 as follows:
Range Type: JENN-AIR SCE30600W
L1 Phase (black wire coming from front left switch) to P1
Jumper wire from P1 to S1
L2 Phase (red wire) to P2
Black wire going to heater to 2
Orange wire (indicator light) to S2
Rose wire to 4
Purple wire to 4a
So far it seems to work

The swich however does not fit mechanically. I needed to shim the switch to prevent infringement
with the holder of the indicator light.
mikecarter  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 11:42:19 AM(UTC)
mikecarter

I have a Jenn Air CCE3531W and just replaced the dual infinite burner switch. The replacement part# is 12002125. The directions that came with the replacement were poor at best. After about 9 attempts I finally figured out the wiring. It is as follows:
Jumper wire supplied with new switch hooks to P1 and S1.

Double red wires must be separated and a new spade clip put on the one that comes from the inner RR burner. Put the red wire from LF switch on P2, and the red wire with the new spade clip on 2.

Gray wire from the burner on indicator light goes on S2.

Purple wire from outer part of burner goes to 4A.

Blue wire from outer part of burner goes to 4.

When completed, you will have to put a small piece of folded paper in the knob to shim it up to keep it from rubbing on the glass surface.
djwocky  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:20:07 PM(UTC)
djwocky

I have a 3401 Jenn Air, these directions are spot on but note that even though this unit has the "compound" wiring, no need to split the Red wires because they already are split, both going to separate dual terminals on the old switches N connector.

Use the Jumper from P1 to S1
Tan to 4
Yellow to 4a
Orange to S2
Black to P1

As for the wires that went to the two N terminals on the old switch:
Main Red (L2) goes to P2 (this is the hot wire that also goes to 2nd switch
Red from the burner goes to 2
rockshadow  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 10:11:14 AM(UTC)
rockshadow

I have a Jennair Model #JED8430ADB, any help out there for the correct wiring of the infinite switch? I have a red wire that is a compound connection coming from the back left burner and coming from the right rear switch. Also, black wire is a compound connection with the same back left burner/right rear switch connection.
RomanSz  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:36:25 PM(UTC)
RomanSz

Thank you djwocky..I am not sure if you are still monitoring this post. I looked at the schematic (switch) on the factory diagram of my CVE3401b and its very different then the one included with replacement switch 16023363. I feel uneasy to connect as stated w/o understanding the functionality and differences of those 2.
I am attaching both schematics and any help will be much appreciated (my stove is on the floor and the wife is not very happy :-).

Originally Posted by: djwocky Go to Quoted Post
I have a 3401 Jenn Air, these directions are spot on but note that even though this unit has the "compound" wiring, no need to split the Red wires because they already are split, both going to separate dual terminals on the old switches N connector.

Use the Jumper from P1 to S1
Tan to 4
Yellow to 4a
Orange to S2
Black to P1

As for the wires that went to the two N terminals on the old switch:
Main Red (L2) goes to P2 (this is the hot wire that also goes to 2nd switch
Red from the burner goes to 2
RomanSz attached the following image(s):
switch_original.jpg
Switch_replacement.jpg
fyao  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:14:31 AM(UTC)
fyao

Originally Posted by: RomanSz Go to Quoted Post
Thank you djwocky..I am not sure if you are still monitoring this post. I looked at the schematic (switch) on the factory diagram of my CVE3401b and its very different then the one included with replacement switch 16023363. I feel uneasy to connect as stated w/o understanding the functionality and differences of those 2.
I am attaching both schematics and any help will be much appreciated (my stove is on the floor and the wife is not very happy :-).

I am new to the thread and do not know if anyone is continuing monitor it. I also have a CVE3401B but am trying to replace the switch for the Right Rear small single burner. I followed the instructions and separated the red wire. However, we can only have the indicator on. The burner remains cold. I tried to see the switch on RomanSz's schematics but it was cropped out. Could I get the schematics of the Right Rear burner? Or someone who has solved the problem could help me out? Thanks in advance.
jim@inspectech.net  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:07:14 PM(UTC)
jim@inspectech.net

I too am changing out the switch, I see some slight differences. I have the following: Red (2 wires single connector), Black (2 wires single connector), Orange, Purple, and Blue. If you can tell me which numbers on the new switch i should connect to with the new switch P/N12002125. Stove model CCE3400W. Thanks.
fyao  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:28:59 PM(UTC)
fyao

Originally Posted by: jim@inspectech.net Go to Quoted Post
I too am changing out the switch, I see some slight differences. I have the following: Red (2 wires single connector), Black (2 wires single connector), Orange, Purple, and Blue. If you can tell me which numbers on the new switch i should connect to with the new switch P/N12002125. Stove model CCE3400W. Thanks.

My original wiring shows: One single black wire connected to H1 and one single black wire connected to H2 (the two look like equivalent of Yellow wires on the diagram). Then one black wire from the indicator connected to P. Double black wire connected to L1 and double red wire connected to L2.
I separated the double black wire and double red wire and connected all wires as shown in the instructions: H1 to 4, H2 to 4a, P to S2, L1 to P1, and separate L2 double red and attach the one from the other switch to P2 and the one from the element to 2. Insert the jumper from P1 to S1. The result is that the indicator works but the burner does not.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply