Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billiardlo  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 7:02:40 PM(UTC)
billiardlo

Groups: Registered

The refrigerator started acting weird this past week. The temperature inside the freezer was rising, refrigerator was also, but not as bad. I vacuumed the coils underneath removing large amounts of dust. Somewhat better but, I checked the electric to the fan (it was not running but the compressor was) and did not get 115 volts. Additionally, the frame between the doors is very hot to touch. Any ideas of what might be wrong? I've set up a small fan behind the fridge to keep the compressor cool until I get your reply. KSCS25INSS00 ser# SR2433331 - Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:12:27 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Probably your microcomputer pc board in the back P#AP2993442 Just check for voltage output per your schematic to verify.
billiardlo  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 7:31:39 AM(UTC)
billiardlo

Thanks for you quick reply,
I have verified the compressor fan works. Should I be checking anything else before replacing this board? I have a portable fan blowing on the compressor and the door frame has remained cool. All else with the refrigerator/freezer seems to be working normally, except one thing. Before this issue with the fan not working, I remember hearing a suction noise after the freezer door was opened, then closed. That does not happen now. Is that related to the electronic control problem?
Thanks Bill
plabore  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 1:18:26 PM(UTC)
plabore

I had the same problem. It turned out to be the circuit board that activates the compressor fan. One that was replaced the problem was solved. Unfortunately, it was out of warranty so the repair cost $350.00.

Now that the door frame has cooled down the liner has developed several hairline cracks down the center beam as well as in the corners. I spoke with Kitchenaid and they sent out white duct tape to put over the cracks. Their solution is to shut the unit off for 24 hrs, tape over the cracks, let it sit for another 24hrs and then turn the unit back on. That to me is unacceptable.

I spent a small fortune on a built in unit, the liner is still under warranty, yet Kitchenaid will not replace the liner, their solution is a duct tape band-aid.

I would love to hear if more people have experienced this problem. I've heard rumors of a class action suite against Kitchenaid regarding this. Does anyone know of this?
billiardlo  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:44:08 AM(UTC)
billiardlo

Yeah, their customer service is terrible. If they "backed" their products better, I would have no complaints. It seems as soon as there is a problem, they run and don't provide any real solution. With that attitude, they will go the way Ford Motor Company is going, downhill, fast!
I had a repair man change the ELECTRONIC CONTROL BOARD but it did nothing. Can you tell me what part # you changed to recify? Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong part.
fumey  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:19:15 PM(UTC)
fumey

P#AP2993442 ....... I've looked for this part # and cant find anything . I'm having the same issues with my refrigerator ... same model
vetthead  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2008 10:42:44 AM(UTC)
vetthead

Repair guy is here as I am typing. I have model kscs25inss, we purchased in Feb. 2005. Just recently starting having the issue of the freezer not freezing.

First service call the guy said that the control board was not working and it was not turning the fan on to cool the freezer.

The part they ordered was #2307028. My receipt says "Control H.V. Board." Our repair guy was a little worried because he said every thing looked identical to the part that was in the fridge except or one area. I think he said it was the ciricut or something.

He called tech support to confirm that it was the right part and they said it was.

He just installed it and it appears to be working. He said it took about 5 minutes for the fan to kick on.

Of course it was not under warranty! My cost was $195.00.

I am hoping this works. I will keep you posted.

Thanks
mac383  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:02:13 PM(UTC)
mac383

I Am Having Hot Door Frame Issues And My Freezer Temp Was Climbing. I Cleaned Undedrneath And Got The Temp To Start To Drop But Still Have Heat Issue. Fan In Back Is Spinning.
Do I Replace The Control Board?
richappy  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:27:03 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sounds like you have a compressor going sour. Failing symptoms are a very hot compressor.
Alex2000  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 7:45:08 AM(UTC)
Alex2000

I have replaced the board but the compresor did not turn on neither the fan... maybe because the units it is already cold.. when you replaced thi control did the compressor turn on right away..?