Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TRENTGSTL  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 10:29:52 AM(UTC)
TRENTGSTL

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Accubake Combo Microwave/Oven. I noticed a few days ago the MICROWAVE quit heating as good and it as of today it does not heat at all. I was hoping somebody could give me an idea. Everything else on the MICROWAVE works...I have read on some other brands it is the Magnetron?

Any help would be great and hopefully somebody can tell me how to do the repair myself.

The light bulb has also been out for over a year...Anybody know how to change it?

Model # GMC305PDB6
Whirlpool Gold Series Accubake System
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 3:44:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I need more specific description of what it does besides it's not heating.

Gene.
TRENTGSTL  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 3:57:07 PM(UTC)
TRENTGSTL

It does everything it is supposed to do except heat.

Fan blows cool air out the front of it...Timer works...heat setting is at full power..etc..

It just won't make anything hot.

No funny noises or anything.

thanks
trent
RegUS_PatOff  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 4:56:37 PM(UTC)
RegUS_PatOff

TRENTGSTL  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 7:45:17 PM(UTC)
TRENTGSTL

It works tonight in reheat mode...but not in cook mode. If I put it on Reheat Mode I can hear it clicking on and off. The food gets hot like it is supposed to. If I put it in COOK mode...Nothing happens at all. Just blow out cold air and nothing inside gets hot. The plate turns like it is supposed to though.

thanks
trent
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 7:50:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Trent,

If it works on one cycle but does not work on another - most likely the problem is the control board.

- The part number for the control board is AP3175501

Gene.
TRENTGSTL  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 8:09:02 PM(UTC)
TRENTGSTL

Ok...Thanks...

How easy would it be to change it out for an amateur? Is there anything dangerous (eletric wise) to look out for. I know some things can hold charge and kill people even though they are unplugged.

thanks
trent g
TRENTGSTL  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8:41:35 AM(UTC)
TRENTGSTL

Now the thing works in all modes....No problems at all...I haven't touched a thing. Do you think it could be caused by a loose connection?

Please help.

thanks
trent g
Gene  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:12:26 AM(UTC)
Gene

Possible... we call such situations "technician nightmare".

Gene.
rbrowns  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:21:39 AM(UTC)
rbrowns

You're going to love this: You have to remove the microwave from the wall and replace it from the top! That's right read it again. I just did it on the GMC305, what a joy. This is from memory, so my nuber of screws may be off +/- 1, but here's what you do:

First and most important flip the breaker off that powers your range/micro combo. I like to do this a day in advance of doing maintenance. If you don't have that kind of time get the instructions from the website for de-energizing the capacitor.

Get a set of square drive fittings, exchangable tip screw driver and a good light.
Remove the plastic grills above and below the microwave. The one at the bottom (held on by 4 screws) will come off easily and it helps to open the range door to slide it over the exhaust vent. The one at the top (held on by 3 screws) also "snaps" in on each end. Just flex it in the middle and it will pop out.
Find the two black screws at the bottom of the microwave (where you just removed the plastic grill). These are the only things holding your microwave to the range. Don't remove the two outermost screws that are holding the microwave supports to the range. If you do, the supports can move and you may have difficulty getting them lined back up, it's not the end of the world but it certainly adds to the frustration.
Now slide the microwave out. Sounds easy enough, but it will take some shimmying. I found success with working at the left side first. It will feel like there is something else connected, but just keep at it and it will come. Don't grab the door and yank on it, if you spring the hinges you're screwed over a $2 light.
When you do get the microwave dislodged, slowly pull it forward. You will NOT be able to remove it entirely, because the wire bundle (on the right) feeds up throught the frame and only has a disconnect at the very rear of the unit. You won't need to pull the microwave out that far.
You'll see the wires leading to the bulb at the top center of the microwave. I think it will be obvious how to replace the bulb from here, but just in case. There is a sprung wire holding the bulb in. The right side has a slot. Push each side of the wire until it passed through the slot, that will release the entire assembly. The bulb pulls out of the fitting. Before you replace it be sure it is burned out. Mine went out but the bulb is good.
I replaced the in-line fuse which fixed my door fault problem and allows the micro to operate, but I am still troubleshooting the light situation.
Goodluck!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply