Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crystleo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 5:10:22 PM(UTC)
crystleo

Groups: Registered

I need help or a diagram showing how the rear felt strip is put on. Please help, on my 2nd strip already!!! :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:27:36 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: crystleo Go to Quoted Post
I need help or a diagram showing how the rear felt strip is put on. Please help, on my 2nd strip already!!! :confused:

What part of the process are you having trouble with? I wasn't able to find any specific instructions for you. Are you aware that there is an adhesive that needs to be used in conjunction with the felt? Below I've provided a link for the parts breakdown, whether that will help you or not.

LNC7764A71
crystleo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:06:04 AM(UTC)
crystleo

Hi Frank,
It's the rear felt stip. I did buy the adhesive. Where I'm having trouble is 1st, I know I put the adhesive around the heater part, 2nd the felt trip gets put on to that part with the notches side out right? But, after that, how does the felt go on to the drum it self? Does the felt go in the inside of the drum like in the dryer or does it simple just fit around the outside of the drum?
Frank / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:30:38 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Hi Frank,
It's the rear felt stip. I did buy the adhesive. Where I'm having trouble is 1st, I know I put the adhesive around the heater part, 2nd the felt trip gets put on to that part with the notches side out right? But, after that, how does the felt go on to the drum it self? Does the felt go in the inside of the drum like in the dryer or does it simple just fit around the outside of the drum?

Little bit confused on the notches part. After you glue the new one onto the rear bulkhead, and it dries, you're going to more or less fold it back. That way when the drum rides on it, it provides a seal between the rear bulkhead and the drum itself. Not sure if that makes sense or not. Envision the drum riding on the felt, with pressure from the felt providing a seal between the drum and bulkhead.
crystleo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:18:07 PM(UTC)
crystleo

Frank,
You're a true lifesaver!!! I got it! I didn't realize nor was I told that you had to fold the strip. I was actually to the point where I was willing to pay $65 for them to come in and fix it for me, and you really helped with the feedback. Thank you so much for your help. :)
Frank / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 3:38:15 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Frank,
You're a true lifesaver!!! I got it! I didn't realize nor was I told that you had to fold the strip. I was actually to the point where I was willing to pay $65 for them to come in and fix it for me, and you really helped with the feedback. Thank you so much for your help. :)

Your more then welcome. Glad you got it going!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply