Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
denny9526  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 5:32:05 PM(UTC)
denny9526

Groups: Registered

Recently had my dryer flake out on me! Its a Sears Kenmore model 11070712990 about 8 years old I had started the dryer it was drying I could see the burner flame etc. then after 3-4 minutes go downstairs to check and its not warm anymore? I checked the vent and the filter vents are now clean and the filter has been scrubbed to remove any dryer fabric softener residue I cleaned the entire bottom, back, and vent exhaust from any link residue checked the electronics all checks out I am inclined to think the Gas valve coils are defective! p/n i believe is AP3094251 am I offbase thinking that this is the problem? I am caught between a rock and a hard place as funds for a New dryer are on hold for awhile due to my home just had a new roof replaced and I am due for Arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus in my knee so time is of the essence to repair this as cheaply as possible!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:07:06 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Denny

I do not work on gas appliances, so take my recommendation with the proverbial grain of salt, but your symptons indicate it is the coils. Even if it is not, replacing them is a good maintenance action on a dryer of your age, so it is not wasted money.

Good luck.
denny9526  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:27:49 PM(UTC)
denny9526

Thanks! i'm hoping thats this is it the repair guys can get expensive and this was an alternative I was quoted almost $200.00 for this and a New dryer is about $300. so this is a cheap alternative! My father in law will help as I have trouble getting on my knee's due to the torn Meniscus I am having repaired ! Bought the 2 coils from a repair shop for $40.00 so this will be a learning experience I'll let others know if this indeed fixed the problem!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:54:42 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Good, let us know how it turns out, glad you got some help too.
denny9526  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:57:35 PM(UTC)
denny9526

Well it was as I kinda Suspected the gas valve coils were the problem I replaced them and the dryer now works like a charm the best 40 bucks I ever Invested and no Appliance Stealer service was necessary! I feel like a New man because of this lol!
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 5:30:32 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Great, nice going and thanks for the update.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply